Ra Bar Street Bar and Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 January 2010

i went their with my husband and relatives from UK, I ordered a rib-eye steak medium rare. the steak served to me was full of grizzles and difficult to cut. I asked the waitress (who happened to be the duty manager) to take it back to the kitchen. she came back out with the dish untouched and told me that the chef said that was how the steak was supposed to be, and if I wanted a replacement, I would have to pay for it again, in other words, whatever the cafe cooked, the customer is supposed to eat without complaints. I found it incredible!! not wanting to spoil the evening for our visitors, I told her to take it back to the kitchen and get it cooked a bit more. another waitress came out with my food (when the others just about finished theirs), this time, the waitress was more conciliatary, she said to me to taste it and if it was still not ok, she would ask the duty manager (the first waitress) to do something. I was incredulous at the change of attitude. fortunately, it appeared they had done something to the steak as it was less grise and fat and was edible. We eat out often and this was the first time I was told that I had to pay a second time if I want my food changed due to the restaurant's own bad food!!! I would never go back to RA.

Reviewed 22 September 2009

Funky setting and great service and food

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
dunedin
Reviewed 16 June 2009

seedy bar by night, a strange choice to eat in

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 15 January 2009

We ate here on our first night in Dunedin after wandering round the Octagon(town centre).
The staff were very friendly and welcoming and very efficient. We ordered our drinks and they were on our table within 2 minutes!
The food we had was lovely, very flavoursome. We enjoyed our main meal so much that we decided to have a dessert even though we were full!
Very fairly priced.