“Only had flat white”
Review of Tall Poppy Cafe - CLOSED

Tall Poppy Cafe
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We did not eat, so I can't comment on the food. The flat white had a pretty enough design that I posted a photo on FB. The coffee was very full bodied. I thought $4.50 a cup was a little expensive, but we needed to sit to use the free Port Chalmers wifi.

Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Drove around on a hot Saturday looking for somewhere for brunch. Found this neat little place. Staff were friendly and food tasted great. Even in the hot weather my salad was still crisp and fresh.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Called in here while we were visiting Port Chalmers. The food was delicious and there was lots of it. A delightful eatery and well worth visiting.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

My friend and I never intended stopping here, but fortunately a restaurant/bar close by had closed their kitchen down and only offered bar food. So we stopped at Tall Poppy and it has changed what we knew about this part of Dunedin. Tall Poppy could be the best kept secret in the area.
Our meals were quite simply, perfect, absolutely perfect. Mouth watering, large and a culinary work of art.
The staff were simply outstanding, they stayed open just to serve myself and my friend, there was an amusing hiccup with the register when it was time to pay, but all sorted with a lot of mirth.
This establishment offers food of an exceptional quality and very very affordable prices.
Try it, you will be amazed.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Well worth the trip to Port Chalmers. Lunch was excellent and although not cheap was reasonably priced. Staff were very friendly. Nice atmosphere