“Stone grill is always delicious !”
Review of The Terrace Bar

The Terrace Bar
Ranked #86 of 376 Restaurants in Dunedin
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 April 2014

After I have tried the stone grill in Lake Tekapo I became a fan of it ! I was very happy when I found it in Dunedin . The people are friendly and the service very good .

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed in Dunedin one Saturday night in February during our first trip to South Island. Having looked at several restaurant menus we chose The Terrace partly because there were several things on the menu we would happily eat and partly because the place was very busy - we feel that a place is normally busy for good reason.
They found us a table in the bar area and we were able to watch the rugby on the nearby big screen - the fact the local team were in action and winning obviously added to the atmosphere.
Unfortunately we weren't able to try out the stonegrill as they were all in use.
However I had the salmon, which was delicious and my husband had a steak which he said was excellent.
Given how busy the place was, we didn't have to wait too long for either food or drinks.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful and I would go back if I'm ever in Dunedin again.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

We went twice there awesome stonegrill food nice garlic butter and pretty fast service the first time...
Second time we had to wait for getting the menus and stuff about 20minutes after that I asked and then we were served pretty quick and the staff apologised for the wait immediately. No ambience in the bar, do not expect anything!
But if your after a nice meal in dunedin it's definitely a good address!

Reviewed 6 February 2014

When we arrived the waitress informed us that a large party had just put their order in, but as there was only two of us she would ask chef if he could do ours first otherwise we would have a long wait. I have never experienced that before. The food was well presented and well cooked. A very enjoyable evening in a restaurant with a lovely atmosphere

Reviewed 25 January 2014

My daughter and I were shopping on Boxing Day in Dunedin and we came across this restaurant at the Octagon. They were very nice . We split a hot stone plate of lamb and steak . And we cooked it medium like we like it . Great experience.