“Leisurely lunch with friends (and toddler in tow)”

Ziff's Cafe Bar Ltd
Ranked #15 of 101 Restaurants in Invercargill
Price range: US$11 - US$27
Cuisines: Barbecue, Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Invercargill, New Zealand
“Leisurely lunch with friends (and toddler in tow)”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I dined today for lunch with 3 friends and my 2 year old. Really the only complaint I could raise is that it took half an hour for orders to be taken, and then food didn't arrive until we had been there more than an hour which is a bit of delay for lunch time and especially when you have a little one with you, but it was fine on this occasion since we weren't in a rush and it was very busy being so close to xmas. The food was good value for money - for $55 I got soft drinks for me and son, a kid's size bangers and mash, kids sundae, salmon pizza and brownie. The serving sizes were huge and I ended up taking more than half of it home. The brownie was delicious and I highly recommend it. The kids menu was much better than the standard hot dog and chips, and had some good wholesome choices. Plus it came on a clipboard with paper and pens to keep the kids entertained. The waitress was friendly and non-plussed by my toddler going on a bit of a rampage. My friends all enjoyed their food, and the crispy chicken salad in particular looked really good and I will order that next time. We will be back again, thanks Ziffs

1 Thank Hannah_C368

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Riverton NZ
“WELL DONE ZIFF'S”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Friday 6th Dec. lunched with friends, the service was friendly & efficient. The food was delicious and value for money. Because it was not terribly busy the noise factor was not evident. Many thanks to the staff for making this special occasion hassle free. WELL DONE ZIFF"S

Queenstown, New Zealand
“Staff function disappointment”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We dined last night as part of a large group. There was obviously too many ppl for the staff to cope with and being the last table, did not even have our order taken when the two hour mark rolled around. By the time we got entrees other tables were dancing. The food was awful at best, two on our table had large beards on their muscles in the seafood chowder, yuk. Then my lamb shank was so tough I couldn't even get the meat off. The pork was dry and steaks were either very over cooked or one man had a piece of raw meat sitting on his plate. Hugely disappointing as this restaurant has been enjoyed by us before.

1 Thank Vicki146
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely lunch”
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

This was a good choice for a spontaneous lunch outing.The menu choice is varied and the meals were tasty.The staff are always friendly and efficient.There were not as many people in the restaurant on this occasion so the noise was not an issue like it has been before.

Visited November 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“High standards, great food”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Very good service, staff are pleasant and polite. I have been here numerous times without any hassle.
Pick what time you want to dine very carefully as I agree with others that the acoustics are horrible when the restaurant is jam packed with people as every diner tends to start yelling over one another to be heard haha, however when it is not busy the atmosphere is great and enjoyable! Sitting outside is nice on a sunny day although sometimes traffic noise can be a little annoying.
The food is amazing, my favourite dishes are either salmon or lamb etc, perfectly cooked, tastes excellent. The plates are loaded with food, none of this large-plate-dot-of-meat-in-the-middle carry-on, you get what you pay for :)

• Visited August 2013