“It has everything you need”

E Hayes and Sons - The World's Fastest Indian
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: E Hayes and Sons is a hardware, homeware, giftware and engineering supply store like no other. We’ve built a reputation for PUTTING PEOPLE FIRST serving the Invercargill and Southland region with an unmatched selection of quality goods, services and advice since 1932. Our entire store is also home to the unique E Hayes Motorworks Collection representing one of the finest private collections of classic motorcycles, automobiles and engines in New Zealand proudly built around our centerpiece - Burt Munro’s ORIGINAL ‘World's Fastest Indian' motorcycle
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Fantastic selection of tools and hardware, but also a good range of giftware, cake tins, dishes, glassware etc.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

My partner and I really enjoyed looking at the Burt Munro exhibits in this amazing shop. We also enjoyed the other old motorcycles and cars on display.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

really worth a visit very "blokes heaven" BUT also good giftware & house stuff great staff so helpfull

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I first visited E Hayes and Sons about 20 years ago on a trip to Invercargill and was blown away by the amazing selection of tools and hardware. I go there every time I am in town, as its well worth a look for any interested in tools and hardware. Perhaps the tool selection is not quite as vast and varied as it was when I first went, but it is still the best and most impressive range that I am aware of for sale in a retail shop and I usually walk away with something I could not get at any mega hardware store.

However, what makes this store even more interesting is the collection of interesting motorcycles and cars that are on display at various points throughout the store. There are of early vintage machines, and a range of classic cars including Burt Munro's legendary "World's Fastest Indian". And its all free to look at as you wander around the huge store.

Well worth a visit

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I watched this movie about 6years ago, and was like argggg not interested, we then did a trip to E Hayes& Sons Invercargill t my then 2 year old jumped in the duplicate bike for a pic.. from that visit our dvd player in our room has not stopped playing the movie I actually know it word for word.. my son wakes up going BIKE BIKE pointing to DVD player I turn it on, he sits there sweet as! I have now watched it over 1000times and now have to say its one of my favourite movies
I really appreciated visiting the "offerings of god" and its an amazing setup well done, all the staff were soo cool to all the tourists popping through thank you soooo much!