“A special occasion for a great restaurant”
Review of Buster Crabb

Buster Crabb
Ranked #9 of 109 Restaurants in Invercargill
Price range: US$15 - US$29
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We have a lovely warm and inviting restaurant. We use all locally sourced product with very generous servings with an emphasis on the meat portion of the meal. Our steaks are 250gms up to the "Donald Trump Choker", which is 500gm and cooked slowly over 20 hours. We use fresh Blue Cod and locally caught wild Venison. Buster Crabb is the best choice
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I had my 50th birthday at this restaurant in their private room. What a great event with excellent service and food. Not to mention the wine! Really a must visit if you are planning on dining out in Invavagas! I would recommend and come back to the good old Southland hospitality. Nothing beats blue cod globally! And add Bluff oysters to that comment as well!

1  Thank John59Gong

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We pop in to busters and gave the most excellent meal and service. Jamie has bluecod and I had farmers meat combo, lamb shanks so tender. I had to take half it home as I was so full. Central Pinot noir went down a treat so that was a 50th bday present for homie albeit a month or two after the actual day.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I dined at Buster Crabb's last night and was disappointed to find that the menu does not include one single vegetarian main course option. Only after I enquired, was I presented with a very tatty little piece of paper listing the choices available to me. When everyone else at my table (meateaters) is happily choosing from the same main menu, why am I reading from a dogeared little scrap of paper? And my meal was horrible. This is the only place that I have eaten that does not appear to value the vegetarian dollar.

6  Thank notknowmeyet
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We went to Buster Crabb on what happened to be there Comedy Night. Overall a really good night, except for the price. All the mains are ~$38-40 which would be ok if they were amazing, but they were just good. My Salmon was cooked well and accompaniments were yum. My partner's mixed grill was good but not great. Cost $200 for the two of us, which included the comedy, priced appropriately at $25 each, but I was glad I had a discount voucher for the meal! Wont be returning for a meal in a hurry, mostly based on price alone as the rest of the evening was really good

Reviewed 25 May 2014

The greeting by staff when we arrived was almost non existent. The seats near the fire were good, but we nearly left immediately when we saw no oysters on the menu. I investigated in shock, and the staff realised they had forgotten to give us the separate oyster menu... Lucky save! The mains were average, I had the chicken breast, which was a bit plain tasting with only a bit jus poured on top for flavour. My partner had the mussels, which she didn't finish as it seemed like a tin of tomato sauce and coconut cream had been slopped together, which didn't make for a delicious tasting 'fine dinning' meal. The biggest let down was the staff. We had to ask for the specials, the table wasn't set before we sat down, no one checked if our meal was ok, the waitresses appeared tired and un enthusiastic. The best part of this place was the decor. For the price and reputation of a fine dining restaurant, it's currently a long way off the mark...

1  Thank Jethro G