“Worst Roast we have very had.”
Review of Buster Crabb

Buster Crabb
Ranked #6 of 104 Restaurants in Invercargill
Price range: US$14 - US$27
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We have a lovely warm and inviting restaurant. We use all locally sourced product with very generous servings with an emphasis on the meat portion of the meal. Our steaks are 250gms up to the "Donald Trump Choker", which is 500gm and cooked slowly over 20 hours. We use fresh Blue Cod and locally caught wild Venison. Buster Crabb is the best choice
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We have been here many times with varying success but the last three times, all within the last four months, have been bad! The food has been a combined mix of slow, cold, chewy and tasteless. The last visit produced the worst Roast anyone in the group of 6 people had ever had. Boiled would have been more correct a term for the dish. Other dishes have also really disappointed with the only good dish lately being a Seafood Salad. Why have we returned 3 time if it has been so bad you might ask… well I strongly believe that when writing a review that could affect a business you should always be fair and just one bad experience does not warrant a bad review as there can be many factor in the hospitality industry that can course the odd ‘bad night’ but three in a row is a clear indication that standards have not improved. Shame.

3  Thank NewZealandHugz

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I had my 50th birthday at this restaurant in their private room. What a great event with excellent service and food. Not to mention the wine! Really a must visit if you are planning on dining out in Invavagas! I would recommend and come back to the good old Southland hospitality. Nothing beats blue cod globally! And add Bluff oysters to that comment as well!

1  Thank John59Gong
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We pop in to busters and gave the most excellent meal and service. Jamie has bluecod and I had farmers meat combo, lamb shanks so tender. I had to take half it home as I was so full. Central Pinot noir went down a treat so that was a 50th bday present for homie albeit a month or two after the actual day.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I dined at Buster Crabb's last night and was disappointed to find that the menu does not include one single vegetarian main course option. Only after I enquired, was I presented with a very tatty little piece of paper listing the choices available to me. When everyone else at my table (meateaters) is happily choosing from the same main menu, why am I reading from a dogeared little scrap of paper? And my meal was horrible. This is the only place that I have eaten that does not appear to value the vegetarian dollar.

6  Thank notknowmeyet
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We went to Buster Crabb on what happened to be there Comedy Night. Overall a really good night, except for the price. All the mains are ~$38-40 which would be ok if they were amazing, but they were just good. My Salmon was cooked well and accompaniments were yum. My partner's mixed grill was good but not great. Cost $200 for the two of us, which included the comedy, priced appropriately at $25 each, but I was glad I had a discount voucher for the meal! Wont be returning for a meal in a hurry, mostly based on price alone as the rest of the evening was really good