“Disappointed in Service”

Stewart Island Flights
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Invercargill
More attraction details
Owner description: We maintain scheduled flights linking Stewart Island and Invercargill year round. Charter Flights to Mason Bay and Doughboy Bay.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Mixed bag here, we found the service to be pretty dismal here, we checked in at the Invercargill airport and unfortunately had to be cancelled due to poor weather conditions which is fine and can't be helped but we were not offered any details about options for accommodation and transport. We were booked on for the following day flight and thoroughly enjoyed the flight over, when we got to the other side, we were told to jump in the van and we would be dropped off at the depot in town. I found the van driver to be totally unfriendly, he did not say hello or even acknowledge us or ask us one single question. As kiwis ourselves it was disappointing and embarrassing to think that overseas clients would get this sort of reception. We drove directly past our hotel and at depot the driver still does not speak a word gets out of the van and goes inside, we go to get our bags and someone in the depot just gets the bags out and leaves on the ground beside van and goes back in and doesn't speak to us either and that's it were left on our own We walked back to our hotel that we had just passed moments prior with an uncomfortable feeling and felt it was not a great way to start our time in Stewart Island, fortunately from there on in everyone on Stewart Island was great. We found "Sam" the pilot fantastic on our return trip home and his customer service skills are exceptional, I think some of the other staff certainly need to brush up on their skills.

6  Thank Jenz1
"bus tour"
"smooth flight"
"these guys"

Reviewed 3 October 2013

My friend and I booked our return flights to Stewart Island and also got a great packaged deal staying at the South Sea Hotel for 3 nights with a cooked breakfast AND a tour of the island! (More about that in another review - so many great experiences to write about!) Alistair (seemed a pretty cool bloke) - we didn't know he was the pilot, checked us in and we then were off on a very smooth 20 minute flight to Stewart Island. He also did the return flight. The booking and reception staff at Stewart Island Flights were also very helpful and communication was easy and efficient. We were very impressed. Thank you for a great NZ experience.

Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

Great service and smooth flights to this slice of paradise in the deep south. I plan on going back and we will most definitely be flying again in under 20 minutes you are there!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I have had the privileged to take this flight on many occasions going to the island for work. Although it is a very small plane it is an amazing way to get an aerial view of Stewart Island,the straight and Otatara.