“We are lunch time regulars”
Review of Thai Saigon

Thai Saigon
Ranked #19 of 110 Restaurants in Invercargill
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 February 2014

A friend and I are lunch time regulars here and at Thai Dee. We always experience great service here. Ideal for lunch time because good arrives quickly and it never leaves you with a heavy bloated feeling. Value for money is excellent. Everything tastes very fresh and you get plenty of it. My favourites are fried pork balls, Vietnamese fish, satay chicken sticks, spicy herb beef and chicken larb gai although I think I've never had a disappointing dish. I love spicy food but nothing on the menu tastes particularly hot to me, it's more about aromatics and balance. I think everyone would find something they would like here. My son first ate here at around 8 months (black pepper beef).

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We had just arrived in Invercargill and were looking for an inexpensive and quick meal. Thai Saigon was round the corner from our hotel and reasonably priced. My partner and I ordered the combination starter, which came with gari puff, spring rolls, chicken wings and spare ribs at least 3 of each, which was a huge portion! We also ordered the chicken Pud Prik Chilli, which promised a special house made HOT sauce. We also asked for this to be Thai hot. It came really fast, literally 5 minutes after ordering and there was lots of nice fresh vegetables in the dish, but it was not spicy, AT ALL, I would actually describe it as mild. As we like spicy food this was pretty disappointing. As there were not terribly busy we found it difficult to get the one waiter's attention so did not ask for extra chillis. The food was tasty but not really what we were expecting.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

This was one of the best restaurants I ate at in NZ. The service was very attentive, helping me select the perfect dish (I had Spicy Herb Chicken... yum). The food arrived hot off the wok and was very tasty without being overly salty or sugary. Just a great balance overall. Comfortable atmosphere, nice bathrooms. No complaints here!

1  Thank Ben G
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The food from here was delicious for a family get together of 9 of varying ages it was a great menu.

Tasty but not fiery for children and deliciously fragrant and spicy for more adult tastebuds. It was just easier for us to take out on this occasion but as the interior is pleasant we could easily choose to go there without having to get overly dressed up. A consideration for a Sunday night family meal!

Parking never seems a problem in this area either.

Wonderful range of dishes, hard for some of us to get past Thai Green Curry though.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We had a family take-away on a Saturday night and everybody thoroughly enjoyed it. A good menu, good prices and smart service when we collected. What more can you ask? We will eat in at some time, the only reason this was take-away was so that we could get the grandchildren off to bed at a reasonable time.