“Why would stay anywhere else?”
Review of Ascot Park Hotel

Ascot Park Hotel
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Invercargill
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

This is my second stay at this hotel. Very nice rooms, clean, modern,excellent facilities, food to die for and outstanding service. My go to place to stay in Invercargill. I would not consider staying anywhere else.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
ascotpark080, General Manager at Ascot Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

We love guests that return to Invercargill! Wonderful city, friendly people and that Hotel holds it's own in a pretty competitive environment! Thank you for staying and for using a number of our services.
Hope that we have the opportunity to look after you in the future!
Best Regards

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed recently at the Ascot in Invercargill. I read a couple of reports as I always do and could not believe that some thought it was no better than a motel. This is a very well run hotel with loverly large rooms and a couple of dinning options with first class food. The hotel is always busy and handles multiple functions very well some thing they could teach some of the bigger hotels in Queens town. Give it a go you will be pleasantly .

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your response on Trip Advisor! Glad to see you enjoyed the Hotel and had a great stay. As you mentioned we are enjoying increased conference and Food and Beverage activity as the economy picks up. Long may it continue!
Hope to see you return to Invercargill in the near future.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

What a fantastic place - was not expecting anything half as good when I booked this accommodation. Although even the booking service was great - I had some trouble with the online booking system & I sent an online inquiry & the response was very prompt.
The hotel was lovely, well maintained, quiet, warm and a lovely atmosphere. The room itself was equally as impressive - the ensuite in itself was bigger than some hotel rooms I have had. The beds were comfortable and everything in it was clean and modern.
I shall be recommending this hotel to anyone traveling to Invercargill and I think it might have just topped my list for hotels stayed in in NZ - in fact the only one that I think of that equaled this as far as room quality goes cost me three times as much as the room at the Ascot Park.
My only complaint would be maybe the reception staff could have been a bit more helpful - we were unaware that there was parking at the rear of the room and it meant that we had to carry our bags to our room ( I noted after that there was a luggage trolley and it would have been nice if the reception staff could have offered us the use of it) and then go back out into the rain and cold and move the car that we had already parked in another carpark. There was no friendliness or attempt to be helpful when I checked in which was not in keeping with the rest of my experience at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for this review and most helpful comments on our property.
It is an unexpected plus that most of the Hotel and all of the Motel rooms have car-parking either outside or close to their rooms.... not so good if we don't communicate that!
It is a true Autumn day here today, no wind, clear skies and a tad chilly.... great if you want tp go for a walk in Queens Park and see the Autumn colours!
I hope that we see you again in Invercargill!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Yet another welcoming and comfortable stay at the Ascot...
Everything I need - a home away from home.
Warm, modern, tidy room.
The best service I have ever recieved in a hotel. Resurant bound to make me fat someday :) cant get enough of the great menu, and impecible service.
Thanks.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
ascotpark080, General Manager at Ascot Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thanks for this great review. Look forward to seeing you again soon.
Warm Regards

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Our studio was in the older motel strip but was very nice. We had a large room with a kitchen. There was also a newer hotel on the property with a pool etc. There was parking right in front of our door and a guest laundry just a few doors down.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting this review. I trust you had a great visit to Southland.!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

stayed for a a work conference and it was great- yes a bit old but very clean and tidy, and everything I needed, staff were warm and friendly- always! from the cleaner to the reception staff Wonderful food for a vegetarian fantastic lunch simple and extensive salads really yummy I would definately come back with family for a holiday

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
ascotpark080, General Manager at Ascot Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you for posting this great response. Some significant upgrading planned for the Motels this year. Look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I liked this hotel. Spacious rooms and although not terribly modern it was a comfortable stay. Car parking right outside your own access door was very convenient for loading and unloading luggage. The other door took you straight into the hotel. We had a lovely dinner here- faultless. Breakfast was good too. The only downside was the it was one of the only places in New Zealand that we were unable to get any Internet connection at all. Although the receptionist was helpful the situation could not be remedied.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
ascotpark080, General Manager at Ascot Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Thank you for this positive and informative review. I am most disapointed that you could not get any internet signal. We provide 250mb per day of free internet in the hope that our guests will get to use it....not helpful at all if we cannot deliver.
If there is a next time I would be happy to personally ensure we delivered in this area!
Without this feedback I would have not have know there was an issue.
Thank you!