Balmoral Lodge Motel
Hacienda Motel(Invercargill)
US$108
Bavarian Motel(Invercargill)(Great Value!)
US$78
Ascot Park Hotel(Invercargill)(Great Value!)
US$111
  • Restaurant
Garden Grove Motel(Invercargill)
US$91
Hotels.com
Birchwood Manor Motel(Invercargill)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$93
Priceline
  • Room Service
Queens Park Motels(Invercargill)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$75
Bella Vista Motel(Invercargill)
TripAdvisor
Colonial on Tay(Invercargill)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmezzanine floorunderfloor heatinglounge suitedownstairs areafrench pressbit datedbed was comfortablesingle bedfriendly receptionistample spacespa bathclose to townoystersopened the doorguest laundrystay there againroad noise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Having never been to Invercargill before, I left it to a local NZ staff member to make the choice of accommodation for me. There are no hotels as such in town, but a fair number of motels. I was pleasantly surprised by this warm and friendly motel. I stayed in a one bedroom loft style room with the bedroom upstairs and a lounge, eating area, kitchenette area, and bathroom downstairs. All room areas were a generous size and contained all the amenities that you would need. The furnishings and decor were a little dated and plain, but clean and more than adequate. The bed was comfortable, but the pillows could do with replacing as they were a bit flat.

The room was WELL heated. There is no chance of being cold in this room. The AC was easily adjustable to make it more comfortable. The bathroom had a heater, underfloor heating, and heated towel rails. This was a nice touch :-). The shower was hot and strong and there is wireless internet available free of charge. Contrary to what one of the other TA reviewers stated, the rooms are serviced daily.

The office staff were friendly and more than helpful. All in all, it was a very comfortable 4 night stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sean W
Jo-anne H, Manager at Balmoral Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Thank you for your review. I appreciate your feedback and it is always good to hear about some areas that we can make improvements on.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

We were referred to this motel six years ago by a friend. Since our first stay the place has really grown on us. We visit Invercargill at least once a year and at times up to three times per year for business and would not even think of staying anywhere else.
Fantastic management and the spacious units are very well maintained. At times we have stayed here for up to three months and have always been sorry to leave.
Leon Korkie
South Africa

Room Tip: Book well in advance as the place is so popular that it is often fully booked.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Leon K
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I have been staying at this motel on and off since 2007 and it is without a doubt the best accommodation for the price in Invercargill. The service is top notch, the staff very friendly and efficient. The rooms are very comfortable, and the laundry works very well. The motel is central to the main town, yet it is quiet enough for a peace full stay.
The manager and his wife are very helpful and is always on hand to sort out any problems.
I can safely recommend this motel to any visitor to Invercargill.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your review - we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

I booked to stay, as the rating for this place was high. It was advertised on the internet, and later I noticed it was also advertised in an AA catalogue on the Interislander, as having spa baths! The main reason to stay was the spa, as I had travelled straight from Auckland to Invercargill, with no stops on the way. I was disappointed to find out there were no spa baths, and I was not able to get accommodation anywhere else, as the Bluff Oyster Festival was due. Is this a case of false advertising? The sheets are only changed every five days, and the room I had was up a long flight of steps, with a noisy laundry underneath, where you could hear all conversation downstairs from the housemaids, who were loud. The bed was uncomfortable, and when booked the room was $125.00 a night, when leaving I paid $130.00. Found one of the owners to be rude, and pushy!

Room Tip: My bed was uncomfortable, the door was hard to open, so I would not take the room upstairs, maybe get a downstairs room. Good luck with the hospitality!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Angela G
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Arrived after a whole days flight to reach Invacargill for the oyster festivities from Whakatane.
On our arrival at the front desk we were welcomed with wonderful friendliness. They were so organized with all our rooms sorted(nine of us in total). The weather lived up to Invarcagill's fresh and brisk Autumn coolness. We entered our room the first thing that hit us was the instant freshness and warmth. The room being down stairs and upstairs apartment one bedroom, with a large dining area, very well supplied beverage caddy, clean kitchen utilities, just to the side the shower & tiolet. There was a large flat screen TV, comfortable lounge chairs, to the side a single bed. Upstairs a generous double bed, very comfortable, (I am pretty fussie about beds), unfortunately no on suite, but all good,we were not inebriated, or physically impaired to manoevre in the dark down the stairs. Management were ever so helpful their southern hospitality number 10. Oh the oyster festivel was moorish as.......a good time had by all. Recommend Ferg Bergers Queenstown.........

Room Tip: Our group had a corner area, very good for slightly noisy folks.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Jo-anne H, Manager at Balmoral Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It is always so nice to hear that people have enjoyed the service we provide.