“Top notch accom and great value 4 money.”
Review of Kelvin Hotel

Kelvin Hotel
Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Invercargill
Brisbane, Australia
“Top notch accom and great value 4 money.”
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Stayed wkend of 11th & 12th. The room was lovely and the carparking service was a nice touch. The resturant and bar was also pretty good. Only black mark was the room service saturday night. Only toasted sandwiches avaliable. They were pretty ordinary and hardly what u would call toasted. Overall i wud definately go back again, and recommend as top quality accom in Invers.

• Stayed January 2013
Bryan T, Manager at Kelvin Hotel, responded to this review, 21 January 2013
Thank you for posting your experience of the Kelvin Hotel, I am pleased that you found the Kelvin Hotel to be a friendly and enjoyable place to stay. I was dissapointed to find that the toasted sandwiches were not to your satisfaction and will follow this up. A full room service menu is availble until 10.30pm, therefore I assume the sandwhiches were ordered after this time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 18 December 2012

I was on business in Invercargill and was recommended to say at the Kelvin Hotel.
When I arrived I was greeted with a smile from the receptionist and a cherry greeting.
I was offered valet parking for my vehicle as there was only metered parking around the building, I enquired if there was a cost to this and to my suprise there was none.
The room that was given to me was on the third floor. It was clean and tidy and the bed was comfortable.The only issue was it was very warm and with no aircon.

The meals in the restaurant food was ok but it took a while to come when the resturant was not that busy.

The restuarant staff were very friendly

The best part of my stay were the staff so next time I am in Invercargill I will stay there again

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Wayne1958
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2012

A good location with free parking. Good food and friendly service. Wifi free allocated in lobby. Rooms are of a reasonable size, with shower as well as a bath. Bed was comfortable, windows opened for fresh air. Good choice to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Louth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2012

A good and very friendly hotel in a quite town! The restaurant is very good with wide choice of quality food it is also very child friendly . The business use of the hotel is not great and the wifi is poor

Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

Very tidy old fashioned hotel with great service and lovely basic meals. The rooms are quiet and comfortable and the hotel has free parking. We stay here often and have no complaints. In the winter it is always very warm the moment you enter the foyer. The hotel has a great house bar and also a sports bar with a comfortable resturant. Recommend

• Stayed September 2012
Bryan T, General Manager at Kelvin Hotel, responded to this review, 12 November 2012
Thank you for your comments about the Kelvin Hotel, we pride ourselves as being a good quality 3 plus star Hotel. We look forward to your return and thank you for your continued support.
Bryan Townley
General Maanger
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I needed a good night's sleep before a busy day. I got it - in a comfortable bed in a homely room which had everything I needed, friendly and obliging staff, room service and good food. I was worried that my night in Invercargill would be cold, but the heating is very very effective. An added bonus was that you also had the option of opening the windows for some fresh air (you don't get that in more modern buildings). Located within walking distance of the whole town. I did not have a car to worry about. I would certainly stay here again on a business trip.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Palmerston North
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Stayed here for the first time while on business. I was particularly impressed by the very friendly staff who exhibited good Southern hospitality. I arrived early afternoon and after the restaurant had closed at 2pm. I had not been able to have lunch due to a couple of late flights but the staff were only too happy to find me a quick lunch and good coffee before my first appointment. My colleague and I dined in the restaurant that evening, and for breakfast and lunch the following day. They do an express $10 lunch which was filling and delicious. The room was rather dated but a good size with a double and single bed. The toilet was separate to the bathroom which would be handy if there were two people staying. The double bed was far too soft for my liking so I ended up sleeping in the single. I am a light sleeper but the room was nice and quiet , with the exception of those rude guests who let their doors slam in the early hours! My only real issue was that there was mould in the bathroom. I raised this with the assistant manager who advised that they were in the process of getting all the tiles regrouted. I still think the mould could have been cleaned off in the meantime but it would not stop me from returning to the Kelvin if I go back to Invercargill.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business