“Excellent, clean room with superb service”

Birchwood Manor Motel
Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Invercargill
Christchurch
“Excellent, clean room with superb service”
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Again, Birchwood has proved why I don't stay anywhere else. Very friendly service, huge rooms, great TV and comfy bed. Cannot fault it at all. You must stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the lazy boy chair in it.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Birchwood-Manor, Owner at Birchwood Manor Motel, responded to this review, 30 August 2011
It is great to get such a positive comment about our service and facilities at Birchwood Manor.
Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Reviewed 28 August 2011

The motel was close to downtown Invercargill yet was quiet and peaceful. The unit was very clean, warm and spacious. It was immaculately serviced daily. The owners were very friendly and helpful with local information. Would definitely stay there again when in Invercargill and we highly recommend Birchwood Manor.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
It has been our pleasure to have you as guests at Birchwood Manor.
Thank you for your very positive review and recommendation.
We were also impressed by your very positive comments about our city of Invercargill.
Portland, Australia
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Very clean, friendly staff great service. Also very quiet i.e. no noise from other units despite being fairly full. I never leave feedback but this place stood out so thought I would support them by spreading the word.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom family room was fantastic.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Birchwood-Manor, Owner at Birchwood Manor Motel, responded to this review, 25 August 2011
Thank you for your very positive review.
We are pleased your family enjoyed your time here.
It was our pleasure to have you stay at Birchwood Manor.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I travel a lot throughout NZ and I found this motel to be one of the most expensive I have ever used.
The decor and furnishings are dated but my main gripe would be the cost of the breakfast. It cost as much as a 5 star hotel for a bowl of cheap cereal and 2 slices of homebrand bread!
I have stayed in Invercargil before at the Quest and will go back there in future for a higher quality room at a cheaper price.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
We are disappointed this guest did not enjoy his/her experience at our motel.This is a very rare experience for us and in fact guests regularly compliment us on the comfort and quality of our units.
The majority of our guests are from the corporate sector and many enjoy our breakfast and indeed compliment us on them and the choices given.The ingredients for our breakfasts are all of high quality and are of reputable brands brought at our local supermarket.There is a personal effort made by us to ensure the quality of the cereals and other foods.We consider the cost of our breakfast more than reasonable and in line with many places we have stayed ourselves, including 5 star hotels!
Warkworth, New Zealand
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Yep a very nice stay but still the stigma about motorcycles and black jackets.Owner rushed in to check we hadn't taken or damaged anything as we were riding out.However -very nice units and very nice people to stay with.

Room Tip: heaps of safe parking
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Thank you for your positive comments about our motel and us as hosts.
We really enjoy the Burt Munroe weekend which is a great event for our city.
We have no problem with the black jackets or our guests integrity.
We were very busy that weekend and needed to work smartly to prepare the unit for our next guests arrival.
We are happy to welcome all bike enthusiasts to the Burt Munroe weekend.
New Zealand
Reviewed 2 June 2011

We stayed at the Birchwood Manor Motel in May. The hosts David and Sue were so very welcoming and helpful the moment we arrived. Nothing was too hard for them.
The room we booked was the Jacuzzi one, and we throughly enjoyed using it after travelling miles. The only drawback was that the room was located up stairs, and since I suffer with Lupus, I found it a bit hard to climb the stairs. I should have asked about being moved, however the motel was full, and I felt I couldn't. The booking engine should state whether the room is downstairs or upstairs. This is the only gripe, and something I should have followed through. All and all a lovely homely motel with happy hosts that go the extra mile. We would definately return.

Room Tip: ask whether the room is upstairs or downstairs
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Reviewed 31 May 2011

David & Sue were true hosts. I travel a lot and can honestly say this is the first motel I stayed at were the hosts made me feel like a guest staying in their house. David went out of his way to check on my (which had been delayed) so that he could collect me. The room was clean, warmed up (before I arrived!) and everything was well presented and appointed with all one needed for a stay. David even went out of his way to drop me off at my meeting venue - a gesture I very much appreciated. Thanks guys - I will be back!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business