Birchwood Manor Motel
554 Moana Court Motel(Invercargill)
US$112
US$108
Hacienda Motel(Invercargill)
US$108
Bavarian Motel(Invercargill)(Great Value!)
US$78
295 on Tay Motel(Invercargill)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$103
US$100
Hotwire.com
Admiral Court Motel & Apartments(Invercargill)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$84
Priceline
Homestead Villa Motel(Invercargill)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$101
TripAdvisor
Colonial on Tay(Invercargill)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsacross the roadwalking distance to shops and restaurantsapartment was cleantwo blocksliving areaseparate bedroomgreat roomshower headmain areastay there againstewart islandlarge loungehome away from homestayed for nightswi fisky tvclose to town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Very clean and functional motel fairly close to the town centre. The large bedroom and living area made it feel more like a flat than so many of the tiny "box like" motels that seem to be sprouting up these days. Nice wee personal touches and the free paper went down well. Across the road from Countdown and just down the road from Burger King, and other food places.The owners were very helpful with maps and advice etc. Would go back in a shot!

Room Tip: Travelers would struggle to find a better value motel in Invercargill.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Birchwood-Manor, Owner at Birchwood Manor Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Thank you for your time do write this generous response.
We are pleased that you enjoyed Birchwood Manor and our spacious rooms.
Visitors do enjoy our spacious rooms and our close proximity to the CBD.
We are delighted to hear that you would be" back like a shot".

Reviewed 30 October 2012

Again it paid to check Tripadvisor. Birchwood is what we call a motel or motor inn and the management do it well. Too often the carparking area is bare bitumen, here the well loved and tended garden(loved the tulips) was most welcome.
Great to have a hotplate, as well as microwave and the other appliances. Bed very comfortable and unit warm without necessity of artificial heating.
Well situated with large supermarket opposite

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

We appreciate your comments and thank you for the time to write this positive review.
We are delighted that you enjoyed Birchwood Manor, your room and the garden and surroundings.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

For work I stay in a fair amount of hotels, and I found Birchwood Manor to rate in the top 10. David and Sue very welcoming and assistanced with any querries I had and offer a very friendly helpful service.

My first impresion of the room was very imaculate and tidy and also very spacious. Breakfast was served on a very punctual and hygenic mannor.

All in all I would highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: I stayed in 15. I can't comment on any of ther other rooms.
Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your very positive review
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay at Birchwood Manor and found our place a comfortable place to work from and also found the environment relaxing

Reviewed 8 October 2012

My husband and I stayed for 4 nights whilst our son played water polo in the Nationals at the nearby Splash Palace. We were in a lovely suite complete with spa bath which was a special treat. The kitchen facilities were perfect for our needs. The location is great - near the main part of town and opposite a big supermarket - but it is really Sue and David that make Birchwood Manor special - they are kind and attentive and nothing is too much trouble. Overall this is a great place to stay when visiting Invercargill - definitely recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Birchwood-Manor, Owner at Birchwood Manor Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2012

Thank you for the time taken to do a review for us.Your generous praise is appreciated and we are pleased you enjoyed your time with us.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

The Birchwood Motel was booked for me by work so I was quite happy to see the very good rating it had earned on Tripadvisor. I arrived later in the day and checking in was quite painless and quick. The greeting was friendly and time was spent showing me different places to go for dinner.

I stayed in room 15 which was a second floor room. I was surprised when I initially opened the door to find a lounge, kitchenette with kitchen table, and a separate bedroom - a lot of space. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. There were hot water radiators in the bathroom and in the living room which kept the rooms reasonably warm (there was also an electric heater and electric blanket in the bedroom). My one suggestion would be to replace the carpet as it was starting to show some decent wear (also would have liked to see an internal security latch on the door).

I slept reasonably well on the bed and although the pillows were a bit soft for me, I was able to double them up to make it more comfortable. The shower had good pressure and there were no fluctuations in the water temperature (no one likes to get frozen and burned as the neighbours wake-up). I had ordered a cooked breakfast and a newspaper when I checked in the night before. Breakfast arrived on time and was good.

Check-out was easy and quick. Although I only stayed for on night, I could see using Birchwood motel for multiple nights - a home away from home.

Room Tip: There is a supermarket directly across the street from the motel. Invercargill does not allow supermarkets to sell alcohol so if you want an adult beverage you'll need to visit a bottle shop.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike & Terri
Birchwood-Manor, Owner at Birchwood Manor Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a good review.
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay here..we enjoyed having you.
You will be pleased to hear that our re carpeting program is starting this week and the first room to be done is the room you stayed in.