“Typically ILT ”

Ranked #21 of 110 Restaurants in Invercargill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Great menu variety. Very impressed with size of starters.
Staff very friendly and efficient. Reasonably priced meals, options for additional sides.
Only reason for the four stars is the decor. Invercargill Licensing Trust seem to love the interior design utilizing wooden paneling. This gives everything a brown and very dated look.

ascotpark080, General Manager at Emberz Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Thank you for this great response to your Emberz experience. My team totally gets your feedback on the decor and so does the management at the ILT. They tell me an upgrade has been approved by the Board and I am sure that looking forward we will be able to share some good news about our upgrade. In the meantime checkout our entries into the Monteiths Wild Food challenge! Jazz on Fridays in Emberz Bar is going well too!
Hope to see you again soon.
Cheers
Pete

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

The food look very nice, but the taste is not good enough. I don't like chips so I prefer to Mashed potatoes, but this is so bad, just add water in potato powder? Who like to pay $30 to get the powder potato? So disappointed.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to your Emberz Restaurant experience. With 18 Chef's on the payroll 2 restaurants, 600 seat conference centre and 3 bars and a lead role to play in the community I need to emphasize that if I served potatoes from a packet I would not have a job nor would at least 3 persons in the kitchen!
The Ascot Park Hotel is one of the few hotels I have worked in that manages a full Kitchen Brigade and cooks 90% of all of its food from scratch. This includes all deserts (we have a Pastry Chef) & Sauces. We even grow many of our herbs and spices in our own greenhouse!
There is a dedicated restaurant manager in Emberz, training is consistent and we are very focused on reacting to customer feedback. Having spoken to my team on the evening of your Emberz experience it is disapointing that you chose not to believe the Restaurant Manager and post this reponse - I do not like to have unhappy customers.
My Promise
If you could make contact with me personally, I will issue you with a meal voucher for two persons to enjoy a return experience - if you agree to come and take a tour of the kitchen and meet my Executive Chef.
Customer satisfaction is really important to all of the 130 people employed in this business I hope you will allow us to show you our dedication to the process.
Peter Ridsdale
Executive Manager
Ascot Park Hotel

Reviewed 22 March 2014

The ambience is 1960's hotel dining room and the food presentation was a little 1980's, so my expectations weren't high. However the steak was cooked beautifully and the rest of my meal was delicious. If you're staying at the hotel, definitely consider eating here. Friendly staff.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We have stayed at the Ascot Park Hotel hotel three times and have dined at the Emberz restaurant for both dinner and breakfast every time. The menu changed slightly each time, but had plenty of dishes which were appealing, from lamb rump to blue cod. Each time, our meals were perfectly cooked. We were especially pleased to eat blue cod as it isn't readily available in Auckland where we live. The staff were always extremely friendly and service was prompt.
I have to say that our last visit was earlier than April 2013, but that was the oldest date available from the pull down facility. However, we were there 3 years in a row during mid January, the last time being in 2012, and every year the restaurant was great!

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Fabulous blue cod went well with great central otago sav blanc Maude. A great southland restaurant. Service is fantastic our waitress tanya was one of the best I have had. Thoroughly professional