“A very comfortable stay at a very comfortable price”
Review of Quest Invercargill

Quest Invercargill
Christchurch, New Zealand
“A very comfortable stay at a very comfortable price”
Reviewed 10 July 2011

I was very relieved that we had picked so well for a one night stay - it can be difficult chosing from internet reviews, however the Quest Invercargill supplied my work mate and I two great rooms.

My room was on the front of the building, and I did not notice any road noise as suggested in previous reviews. The furnishings looked brand new and luxurious, the bathroom had plenty of clean towels, with complimentary soaps and lotions. Everything was super clean.

Given our previous accomodation had been substandard (different city, different supplier) I was incredibly happy that I was going to have such a different experience, and it is once that I would gladly repeat. Lovely staff.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 3 April 2011

Beds were half made each day, not properly taken apart and remade. some days the rooms were not attended to late.
We used the lift and the lift broke we were charged $500 to fix it. I contested the bill. I did not give authority for them to take money from my credit card to pay the bill. months later they took the money with no authority from me, they got the number from when i paid the hotel bill. i then had to cancel the card and have my credit card company contest the payment.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front are very noisy
  • Stayed September 2010

Travellers are raving about these Invercargill hotels

Napier, New Zealand
Reviewed 8 March 2011

It was nice and handy to everything, 24 hr dairy over the road. Great if you arrive late and everything is closed. (which we did) Staff very friendly and helpful.

Only complaints were, my ground coffee bag was opened and half empty. Housekeeping oversight when restocking. The eggs Benedict with salmon I ordered for breakfast very disappointing as they delivered Bacon instead of salmon.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Queenstown, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 February 2011

Needed a place to crash while I was in Invercargill overnight before flying out in the morning. Wanted cheap and central, Quest fit the bill. Hadn't seen the rooms or anything when I called them but they had occupancy, were reasonable, and central.

Arrived and was greeted by the lovely Receptionist who checked me in promptly and cheerfully. My room was on the first floor so I didn't bother with the lift. The room was surprising, high ceilings, lots of windows and a very modern fit out. I had an executive studio room and it had a comfortable King Size bed, a great kitchenette and a good bathroom.

Enjoyed it so much it will be my regular spot in Invercargill from now on.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Near the M25
Reviewed 20 February 2011

We looked at previous reviews when booking the Quest Apartments, and overall we had no complaints. The apartments are centrally situated with a Speights Alehouse right next door, so we were well fed and watered. The room was large, very clean, with a big comfy bed. The bathroom too was spotless, so again we were more than happy.
Now for the cavaet's.... , previous reviews had comented on the noise outside from the local 'boyracers' treating the main road outside like the Mulsanne Strait at Le Mans, and this was the case the night we stayed (Friday). Even the girl in reception commented on it when we booked in. What does not help is that the building is a former Post Office and all of the front room are single glazed. We also had to contend with the remnents of one of the Australian Cyclones brushing the southern coast of New Zealand that night, so I thought the windows were going to blow in!!!! Also our room did suffer from the squeaky floors as mentioned in a previous post. Would I stay there agin? Yes I would, but if booking in advance I would ask for a room to the rear, especially at the weekend - Thurs & Fri nights are boy racer nights!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 20 February 2011

Booked on line via Qantas - a pleasant suprise - stayed one night 9/2/11 - comfortable apartment - bed excellent.
Try the Thai restaurant opposite - excellent food - top satay dishes.
Visit Bluff Harbour and Bluff Hill - rugged and great views to Stewart Island. - Next time I will stay longer and take a trip to Stewart Island.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
USA
Reviewed 16 February 2011

This place is ok, the room was pretty good size. But there does not seem to have no managment on site. Not very convenient for us who arrived late. :(
It advertized free internet station but that does not seem to be working for a long long time.
Then there were drunks who somehow got inside the hotel, running up and down the hallway, scary and no one for us to contact to get these noisy guys out!
I did not feel safe and would avoid this place next time I visit.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family