This hotel advertised a 4 plus star rating on door. This certainly didn't reflect the experience we had at this hotel and advertising it as serviced was a joke, there was none. We arrived just after 5 on Friday evening which was a public holiday. The reception was closed and we were left outside the door in appalling weather talking to a speaker phone which kept cutting out. We were instructed to push the door to gain entry which took us three goes. We had parked our car outside as there was no obvious parking area and when I enquired about guest parking I was asked if I had reserved any and there was an inference I might have to pay which I refused to do. The parking area was an exposed lot on the side of the building, no cover or security. On gaining entry to the foyer we picked up our 'welcome letter' from the counter without 'taking anyone else's' as instructed by the voice from the speaker and proceeded to our room. This was dark and dingy, not surprising considering the age of the building. The furnishings were tired and tatty and the fit out cheap. The TV had limited channels and was about a 26inch, very small for the size of the room and floor squeaked when walking over the whole surface area. Our welcome letter informed us that the reception was only open 9am to 5pm weekends and holidays and the 'serviced apartments' were not serviced weekend and holidays either. If this had been advised at the time of booking I would not have gone there but as we had already paid our $152 for the night we stayed on. In hindsight I wish I had cut my losses and moved to one of the many motels closeby with better facilities and value for money. Finally when waiting to check out the following morning at 9am the receptionist was extremely unprofessional when the phone began ringing constantly with other guests requesting services they had been denied from 5pm the previous evening. Never again and doubt I would stay at any other property under Quest management either if I can help it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quest Invercargill Serviced Apartments Hotel offers guests relaxed accommodation in the heart of Invercargill. The property is centrally located to the city centre, shops, cafes and restaurants, and is less than 5 km from Invercargill Airport. Free parking and free WiFi is included. Quest Invercargill offers hotel accommodation conveniently located to a range of landmarks including Invercargill Hospital, Southland Stadium, Teretonga Raceway Park and the Civic Theatre. We offers guests a range of modern, spacious and stylish studios, as well as one and two bedroom serviced apartments. The studios offer a kitchenette, and all other apartments have a fully equipped kitchen, separate bathroom with bath and laundry with washing machine and dryer. All offer free WiFi and SKY TV. Also available to all guests are gym passes to an offsite gym, breakfast options, valet dry cleaning, a pantry shopping service, and wheelchair access. There are also numerous excellent restaurants near by that offer charge back facilities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quest Invercargill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quest Invercargill Hotel Invercargill
- Quest Hotel Invercargill
- Quest Invercargill New Zealand - South Island