“Comfortable Motel”
Review of 295 on Tay Motel

295 on Tay Motel
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Invercargill
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed at 295 on Tay Motel in May for one night. We had a studio room which was cosy but comfortable. The bonus was the spa bath (normal size bath) in the bathroom. Great after a long drive from Wanaka. Had good cooking facilities which is always a bonus. This motel is on the main road in and I did notice the traffic noise early in the morning, but I am light sleeper so any noise wakes me. Good value as we paid only $125 on wotif, the cheapest accommodation in our 2 week holiday in NZ.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We travelled down to go to the Bluff Seafood Festival and getting accommodation a week out from the event was difficult. I emailed 295 and within 1/2hr received a reply they had a room available, a little more than we wanted to spend but we had no choice and I am pleased we did pay extra as the room was spacious, clean, good heating, kitchenette and a comfortable bed with an added bonus of a spa bath which was fantastic after being on the road for so long. The room was well set off the street so no traffic noise, given the facility was fully booked we heard no noise. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Due to cancellation of our flight my wife and I had to go to invercargill on separate flights. My flight arrived later meaning I would be late for the wedding we were going to. So that my wife would not have to leave the wedding to collect me, owner offered to pick me up from airport and deliver me to the rural wedding.awesome southern service,unit was fantastic and owners also offered to move us as they were concerned some young ones in the unit next to us might be a little noisy. Clean and comfortable accommodation with service above and beyond!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

A good spot, close to the city and supermarkets. Room was quiet.

Nice friendly welcome. Very motorbike friendly - they locked our bike away in the garage overnight.

Overall we enjoyed our visit and even extended it by a day.

We would stay here again if we come back to Invercargill.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Lovely, warm, clean and modern motel, and close to everything. Everything you need and very spacious. Rooms are off street so relatively quiet. Wonderful spa bath too! Great service every time I come here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed in a huge upstairs unit with two enormous king beds, and two large flat-screen TVs. The rooms are spacious, clean and modern. The bathroom was also of a very high standard. The kitchenette was well stocked, and a handy supermarket was just down the road. Pleasant service. Overall I felt like this motel offers great value and comfort.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I stayed here on business, during a cold snap in the weather. Upon my late evening arrival my room was well heated and comfortable. The owner-operators are very kind & helpful. There is ample parking and very minimal noise from the road. The kitchenette facilities are great and the bathroom was large and had good water pressure in the shower.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business