“I came, I saw, I jumped - now I’m cool (well a little bit anyway)”

AJ Hackett Bungy New Zealand
New Zealand's Biggest Swing: Nevis Swing Queenstown
US$118.27*
Auckland Harbour Bridge Bungy Jump
More attraction details
Owner description: AJ Hackett Bungy is the world pioneer of commercial Bungy Jumping. It all started in Queenstown, New Zealand in 1988, and since then they have become an established World Leader in the Tourism Industry. Recognised for an innovative, and “outside the square” style, AJ Hackett Bungy is continually looking towards new ventures and pushing industry boundaries. Their professional crew, high operating standards, training schemes and procedures ensure an impeccable safety record.
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Great to drop into the conversation that you were just in NZ and bungy’d and to see people react. Mostly with “oh, I couldn’t do that”. That’s what I thought but during a trip to NZ in Jul 13, drove past one day and decided to give it a go.

The decision was made a bit easier by the lack of coaches in the car park and so no queue. Check in service was efficient. Most amusing watching some disgruntled faces when your weight is tattooed to your hand. Safety guys were brilliant.

I wasn't the “best” jumper on the day. No pretty swan dives from me. Would I do it again. You bet… if you haven’t done it yet (or couldn't)… meeeiiioooww.

AJHackettB, Front Office Manager at AJ Hackett Bungy New Zealand, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Bungy Jumping defiantly makes you cool! Thanks for the wonderful review.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,585)

Reviewed 13 November 2013

This was a great adventure, great instructors with information and safety precautions. Had so much fun doing it. The only drawback was getting the photos/dvd afterwards, there was some type of problem with the computer and the driver kept rushing me to get into the van while the sale guys was trying to figure out how to get the products I'd purchased. I understand time restrictions & everything but it would have been more proactive to communicate with each other, rather than 'rushing' the consumer.

AJHackettB, Front Office Manager at AJ Hackett Bungy New Zealand, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Thanks for the review - wonderful you had fun doing the Nevis Bungy. Sorry to hear that you felt rushed to catch the bus - this is not the normal experience we offer our customers.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Our honeymoon turned out to be a adventure holiday and the Kawarau bridge bungy was one of the activities on our radar. We spent a lot of time thinking if we would be able to actually make the jump and therefore, if we should pre-book. Eventually booked a couple of weeks before the day and just for myself. My wife backed out as I expected but I did it and am proud of my achievement. The staff at AJ Hackett made it a lot of fun The much higher jump further would have probably been too much for me but the adrenalin rush was amazing.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I had a great time, your staff are so friendly and professional. We only have one complaint. It's the charged for the lockers on the Nevis. After we pay for the experience of our life time we have to paid for it. Is not about the money but is the principal of it. I think a lot of people out there will agree with me.

Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

This is totally out of my comfort zone, but did a tandem with the wife and with a few screams later got sent flying! It was great

A very professional company based on this experience

Hi Paul - thanks for the review! Awesome to read you enjoyed your tandem Nevis Swing with your wife!