“Exhilarating first-time bungy!”

New Zealand's Biggest Swing: Nevis Swing Queenstown
US$115.05*
Auckland Harbour Bridge Bungy Jump
More attraction details
Owner description: AJ Hackett Bungy is the world pioneer of commercial Bungy Jumping. It all started in Queenstown, New Zealand in 1988, and since then they have become an established World Leader in the Tourism Industry. Recognised for an innovative, and “outside the square” style, AJ Hackett Bungy is continually looking towards new ventures and pushing industry boundaries. Their professional crew, high operating standards, training schemes and procedures ensure an impeccable safety record.
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We did a tandem bungy at the Kawarau Bridge for our first-time bungy experience, and it was great! Everyone was very professional and friendly, which made us less nervous about the whole thing. They weigh you twice, and everyone double checks everything (your weight, receipt, etc.) before passing you off to the next person. The photos and video are a nice touch.

Even just taking time to watch other bungy jumpers is really entertaining. The only (very small) bummer to the whole experience was that we had asked to touch the water, but didn't get to. This was one of my favorite activities during our trip. I would totally do another jump if I lived in New Zealand!

AJHackettB, Front Office Manager at AJ Hackett Bungy New Zealand, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Wonderful to read you enjoyed your tandem Bungy and your time watching others Jump at the Kawarau Bridge. Thanks for the review.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Professional and supportive staff for a very nervous jumper. Took up the opportunity when visiting for the cocktail party as part of the recent CATE conference the day after the 25 year celebrations.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Having always been scared of heights, I thought this would be an excellent "challenge". I was afraid I wouldn't be able to walk across the bridge to the platform; but I managed that okay. Being harnessed in was fine - the crew doing the harnessing and buckling were friendly and made us all feel safe. BUT the few minutes when we had to sit down in the harness and move towards the edge of the platform was truly scary. My mouth went dry, but I was determined to do it. My partner pulled the cord on the count of 3 and the "drop" is unbelievable. It is SO fast, the swing across the canyon is breathtaking and awesome. It was worth the couple of minutes of fear to experience the Nevis Swing - and I am almost able to say I am "not scared of heights".

Thanks to all the crew at the Nevis Swing centre, and the drivers who took us out to the Swing site. Friendly, professional and fun.

AJHackettB, Front Office Manager at AJ Hackett Bungy New Zealand, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thanks for the awesome review! Wonderful to read that the Nevis Swing has helped to conquer your fear of heights!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I did a tandem swing with my partner 23 November. Very professional crew - friendly and supportive. An experience we'll never forget. Tougher than skydiving and longer than just a bungee ride. I'm 55 and I loved it.

AJHackettB, Front Office Manager at AJ Hackett Bungy New Zealand, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Hi George - thanks for the review! Age is no reason not to have fun - especially on a giant Swing! Glad you both enjoyed it.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

So much fun! So glad we did this. They run a great operation, smooth and efficient from start to finish. Cool staff as well. Having computers in their office in town was a nice touch (and the bean bag chairs). They delivered as promised-- a totally awesome experience!

1  Thank Elaine J

Hi Elaine - Thanks for the review. Fantastic to read you enjoyed the entire packaged including the free internet at the AJ Hackett office in town.