Our first family visit to Queenstown, and staying at the Pounamu Apartments made the trip a highly enjoyable one.
The facilities were extremely high quality - modern, so clean and every detail covered. We stayed in a two bedroom apartment - 2 bathrooms, fully equipped kitchen and laundry made life so much easier with 2 young kids. TV's in every room, including a large screen in the lounge, that included sound system, DVD player, SKY TV. Free internet worked like a charm, able to connect multiple devices, and the USB chargers built into the power points were an awesome touch.
There is also a small playground for kids which was great, and a bookable BBQ area (complete with BBQ and table - we didn't get around to doing this, but it looked good!).
Free parking undercover too!
The team at Pounamu could not do enough to please. Leo and Priscilla were very welcoming and they obviously worked very hard to maintain the facilities and keep their guests happy. Trevor the groundsman was a character and had a laugh with the kids.
The Marketing Manager, Rowena, in particular was a star (although she looked to be a jack of all trades - doing something of everything, including answering phones, running reception and attending to any and every guest rerquest). So bubbly and positive, nothing was a problem. Always on hand, very responsive, did everything she said she would do, and super efficient. She was very knowledgable on all the restaurants and attractions in Queenstown, and made several great recommendations - including lots of handy tips and tricks :-)
Rowena booked all of our activities for us - jetboating, gondola etc, as well as all of our restaurants for dinners (Pounamu do not charge for this, which is great, and in fact we received a complimentary bottle of wine after we had made a couple of activity bookings of a certain value - an unexpected treat!). We also saved even more money as she secured a number of deals for us due to her extensive knowledge and contacts.
Overall I could not fault this place. It was a great base for us to head out every day (only a 2 min drive from town), and a welcoming and familiar place to come back to every night. Thanks Pounamu!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travellers' Choice(R) 2015 Winner - Voted #3 in New Zealand. Relax in style and soak up the spectacular views of Lake Wakatipu and The Remarkables in our 1 or 2 bedroom spacious, self-contained or serviced Apartments. Each Apartment has an open plan lounge, dining and full kitchen facilities, gas fire, under-floor heating, Sky TV, ensuite bathroom with shared laundry amenities. A separate office area with computer/printer/fax. Our Studio Rooms are similar to small hotel rooms with kitchenette and ensuite bathroom (NO Views). Facilities include FREE unlimited Wi-Fi Internet and FREE local calls. Complimentary secure under cover Car Park with Ski/Golf Locker, BBQ area and outside Spa Pool. We also have a "Pet Friendly" Apartment. Sleeping configuration King Beds. Single beds can be requested at the time of your booking. Just a 10 min walk to Queenstown town centre and approx 20 min drive to the ski fields makes these beautifully appointed Apartments a must for your stay.Enquire about special seasonal rates and tempting promotional offers, and at Pounamu Apartments, be assured of a warm, welcoming visit to this 'Remarkable' region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Pounamu Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pounamu Apartments Queenstown
- Pounamu Apartments Hotel Queenstown