We booked the apartment for the 5 days at the end of our Honeymoon & we could not be more delighted!
The apartment itself was fantastic: the view from our bedroom & the living area was wonderful and there was everything we needed. If we had've chosen to eat in, we could easily have done so, but with so many recommendations, we were out for every meal! The apartment was about 10 minutes away from the centre of Queenstown, which worked for us having over-indulged at dinner!
What really sets this place apart is that the team there were so outstanding. Shortly after booking I asked about restaurants and was promtly sent back a list of great ones nearby, with an offer to book them on my behalf.
Upon arrival we were greeted by Ro, who recommended the best companies for the activities that we wanted to do. Not only did she recommened, but went to the trouble of checking the weather and then booking them for us. Ro's done practically every activity possible & will enthusiastically tell you all about them, without sounding like she's selling them to you. The team there also have great knowledge about restaurants and booked several for us.
Another lovely touch for our honeymoon, was that the bed had been sprinkled with rose petals & that a bottle of bubbles had been left on our dining table. This is typical of the attention to detail that the Pounamu team go to: we couldn't be happier! :o)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travellers' Choice(R) 2015 Winner - Voted #3 in New Zealand. Relax in style and soak up the spectacular views of Lake Wakatipu and The Remarkables in our 1 or 2 bedroom spacious, self-contained or serviced Apartments. Each Apartment has an open plan lounge, dining and full kitchen facilities, gas fire, under-floor heating, Sky TV, ensuite bathroom with shared laundry amenities. A separate office area with computer/printer/fax. Our Studio Rooms are similar to small hotel rooms with kitchenette and ensuite bathroom (NO Views). Facilities include FREE unlimited Wi-Fi Internet and FREE local calls. Complimentary secure under cover Car Park with Ski/Golf Locker, BBQ area and outside Spa Pool. We also have a "Pet Friendly" Apartment. Sleeping configuration King Beds. Single beds can be requested at the time of your booking. Just a 10 min walk to Queenstown town centre and approx 20 min drive to the ski fields makes these beautifully appointed Apartments a must for your stay.Enquire about special seasonal rates and tempting promotional offers, and at Pounamu Apartments, be assured of a warm, welcoming visit to this 'Remarkable' region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pounamu Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pounamu Apartments Queenstown
- Pounamu Apartments Hotel Queenstown