We stayed at Pounamu twice during our South Island trip. Our first stay, we stayed in a studio. It is small yet cozy and comfortable. When we returned to Queenstown, we stayed in an upper floor 1br apartment. This was such an upgrade to the studio.
When you open the door to the 1br, there is a long desk to the side and an inviting foyer that leads to the open floor plan of the full kitchen, living and dining, and balcony. The 1br has modern appliances and furniture. It also has a fireplace. The floors are mostly hardwood with carpet in the bedroom and heated tiled floors in the bathroom. The best feature of the apartment is the floor to ceiling sliding doors that lead to the balcony. The views of the Remarkables and Lake Wakatipu are breathtaking. At the apartment, we couldn't help but glance outside all the time to admire the view.
Also, there is a shared washer/dryer right outside the apartment. The property also provides eco-green detergent free of charge, so there is no need to bring your own.
An assigned parking space is provided for one car in the underground parking garage. Wifi is consistent and strong.
Even though Pounamu is located alongside a major street, we did not hear much traffic/street noise.
I'd like to also add that Pounamu is located very close to the city center. It's a 5 minute drive or a 15-20min walk.
Jenny and Ro were very accommodating to our needs and answered our questions as to suggestions of where to eat, hike, grocery shop, etc. There was a possibility that our flight was going to be canceled due to the weather. Ro (the manager) let us stay in our apartment beyond the check out time to let us figure out our travel plan. We appreciated this gesture by the manager and the efforts of the gracious staff.
We highly recommend the Pounamu and agree that this was one of our best accommodations in an apartment type of setting.
If we are lucky enough to visit Queenstown again, there is no doubt that we'd return to the Pounamu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travellers' Choice(R) 2015 Winner - Voted #3 in New Zealand. Relax in style and soak up the spectacular views of Lake Wakatipu and The Remarkables in our 1 or 2 bedroom spacious, self-contained or serviced Apartments. Each Apartment has an open plan lounge, dining and full kitchen facilities, gas fire, under-floor heating, Sky TV, ensuite bathroom with shared laundry amenities. A separate office area with computer/printer/fax. Our Studio Rooms are similar to small hotel rooms with kitchenette and ensuite bathroom (NO Views). Facilities include FREE unlimited Wi-Fi Internet and FREE local calls. Complimentary secure under cover Car Park with Ski/Golf Locker, BBQ area and outside Spa Pool. We also have a "Pet Friendly" Apartment. Sleeping configuration King Beds. Single beds can be requested at the time of your booking. Just a 10 min walk to Queenstown town centre and approx 20 min drive to the ski fields makes these beautifully appointed Apartments a must for your stay.Enquire about special seasonal rates and tempting promotional offers, and at Pounamu Apartments, be assured of a warm, welcoming visit to this 'Remarkable' region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Pounamu Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pounamu Apartments Queenstown
- Pounamu Apartments Hotel Queenstown