We stayed two nights in a one-bedroom suite at Pounamu Apartments in Queenstown. Our reservation was for a non-view unit and we quickly upgraded to the one bedroom suite with an unobstructed view of the lake and mountains.
The Pounamu Apartments was easily the best lodging we had during our ten-week trip to Australia and New Zealand. Not only did we have an excellent view of the lake and mountain, our unit had a full kitchen, laundry, fireplace, two plasma TVs, and a computer, printer and free internet.
The bedroom was located at a height above the living room, had a view out the full glass sliding door windows that we could see from our bed. If Queenstown was not so cute, we would have been happy to never leave our apartment. We also had covered parking in the ground level garage and an outside porch complete with furniture.
Finally, the staff was dandy. Each unit Pounamu Apartments is owned by an individual and the property is managed by an outside company. When I asked about the one-bedroom units, the staff took us on a tour of the units and the decision to upgrade was easy. As in many apartment hotels, there was no maid service for our second night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travellers' Choice(R) 2015 Winner - Voted #3 in New Zealand. Relax in style and soak up the spectacular views of Lake Wakatipu and The Remarkables in our 1 or 2 bedroom spacious, self-contained or serviced Apartments. Each Apartment has an open plan lounge, dining and full kitchen facilities, gas fire, under-floor heating, Sky TV, ensuite bathroom with shared laundry amenities. A separate office area with computer/printer/fax. Our Studio Rooms are similar to small hotel rooms with kitchenette and ensuite bathroom (NO Views). Facilities include FREE unlimited Wi-Fi Internet and FREE local calls. Complimentary secure under cover Car Park with Ski/Golf Locker, BBQ area and outside Spa Pool. We also have a "Pet Friendly" Apartment. Sleeping configuration King Beds. Single beds can be requested at the time of your booking. Just a 10 min walk to Queenstown town centre and approx 20 min drive to the ski fields makes these beautifully appointed Apartments a must for your stay.Enquire about special seasonal rates and tempting promotional offers, and at Pounamu Apartments, be assured of a warm, welcoming visit to this 'Remarkable' region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pounamu Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pounamu Apartments Queenstown
- Pounamu Apartments Hotel Queenstown