“Uktimate Hikes -Routeburn Track”

Ultimate Hikes Guided Walks
Book In Advance
More Info
US$300.69*
and up
Ultimate Nature Experience from Queenstown: Dart River Jet Boat Ride and Lake...
More attraction details
Owner description: The only operators of multiday guided walks on the famous Milford & Routeburn Tracks: operating in New Zealand's stunning World Heritage Area, providing range of all-inclusive guided walks from 1-8 days. Trek through rainforests, past mountain peaks and over remote alpine passes on a unique experience without sacrificing comfort or convenience. Accommodation on overnight walks is in luxury lodges, with meals, hot showers and snug beds. All walks include transport, food, equipment and expert guides. Single day excursions must be booked 24 hours in advance.
Auckland, New Zealand
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Uktimate Hikes -Routeburn Track”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This 3 day fully guided and catered hike in the Fiordland and Mt Aspiring national parks was truly amazing!. My husband and I ,in our eary 50`s and reasonably fit booked this trip for March this year and I loved every minute of it . The Ultimate Hikes crew were amazing , the food great and the scenery indescribably beautiful. . To be able to walk amongt magestic mountains ,besides glacial streams and then arrive in the evening to a glass of wine , a hot shower and a fabulous meal is just heaven . I highly recommend this hike .

2 Thank clancollins6

virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“The Classic (Milford Track and Routeburn trail combination)”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

This was truly the trip of a lifetime! Ultimate Hikes prepped us thoroughly and facilitated an amazing adventure through the mountains of the South Island of New Zealand. It was a leap of faith on my part to travel half way around the world (with my husband and friends) to hike lodge to lodge, carrying a 15 pound backpack. I walk several miles daily, and hike periodically, but do not consider myself a "hiker". However, every detail was considered by our guides, and the entire Ultimate Hikes team, to foster a successful and memorable journey. The website gives you all the detailed info that you need. What it doesn't emphasize enough is the camaraderie of the wonderfully fascinating people you meet along the way! Our trip was challenging, rewarding, fun and awe inspiring. Be sure to allow enough travel time to spend a few days in Queenstown. It is a vibrant little town with many options for outdoor activities, and plenty of good restaurants! This "walk" should be on every outdoorsman's bucket list!

3 Thank virginiaterez
Singapore
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“"Top of the World"”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Did the Milford Track mid April: Admittedly I was nervous before the trek as I am not exactly the epitome of fitness ...and I did feel like Frodo Baggins at some stages of the hike.... but it was all worth it!
Our guides Imelda, Kathryn and Yoshie are the best! And I'm still stumped as to how the lodges got built - the 'oases' in the middle of 'nowhere' with hot and cold running water, heaters and staff that turn up gourmet 3 course meals.
The scenary is stunning and the mountains magnificent.
Go do it !

Visited April 2012
5 Thank paulinecheah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome experience”
Reviewed 7 April 2012 via mobile

I did the Milford track - it was so spectacular and I would rate it as one of the greatest experiences in my life. I went over solo but found that this was not a problem as there were several solo travelers in my group. With only 17 hikers in the group, we all bonded really well. Our guides were exceptional and really looked after us. Meals and accommodation were excellent and definitely above my expectations. I borrowed the gear from ultimate hikes and this was a handy option as it meant that I was able to travel light. Ultimate hikes were so organized and you feel very informed before and during the hike. Can't wait to take my wife and kids back some time.

3 Thank David U
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Trip of a Lifetime!”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Did the Grand Traverse and loved every minute of it. Every day the views were spectacular, and the guides were world class. We were very spoilt - hot water, 3 course meals, beer/wine, and very warm and comfortable accommodation. The drying rooms at Lake MacKenzie and Routeburn lodges were great.
Thank you to Fi, Renee, Vernon & Dave. Will definitely come back to NZ to do the Milford track 2013. Sandra 19-24 March 2012.

1 Thank Sandra M