“Fantastic Hike”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$286.77*
and up
Ultimate Nature Experience from Queenstown: Dart River Jet Boat Ride and Lake...
More attraction details
Owner description: The only operators of multiday guided walks on the famous Milford & Routeburn Tracks: operating in New Zealand's stunning World Heritage Area, providing range of all-inclusive guided walks from 1-8 days. Trek through rainforests, past mountain peaks and over remote alpine passes on a unique experience without sacrificing comfort or convenience. Accommodation on overnight walks is in luxury lodges, with meals, hot showers and snug beds. All walks include transport, food, equipment and expert guides. Single day excursions must be booked 24 hours in advance.
Brisbane, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fantastic Hike”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

My husband and I walked the Milford track with Ultimate Hikes in March 2014 and having nothing but praise for the experience. We were lucky to have a great group of around 30 people walking with us. We did some training prior to going which I think is wise; the first day is not too hard, but the descent from the pass is 900 metres straight down and everybody found it challenging on their knees and ankles. Poles are a must. The accommodation and food is excellent and the drying facilities are very good, so follow the pack instructions and do not take anything more than they recommend on the web page. My greatest praise goes to our 3 guides Kelly, Amanda, and the incredibly funny Katie who was very entertaining. Believe me you will never regret walking this beautiful track; we will be back to experience the other Ultimate Hikes for sure.

4 Thank Melissa B

Albany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Walk of a Lifetime!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

My husband and I recently completed the 5 day guided Milford Walk and we had the most amazing experience. Our four guides, Moon, Kathryn, Annabelle and Liv complimented each other beautifully and were incredibly upbeat, compassionate and entertaining throughout the duration of the walk. We were freakishly lucky with the weather.......5 days of sunshine which apparently is unheard of, which simply enhanced the genuine beauty and ruggedness of the track. The accommodation, hot showers, meals, hot milos at the summit, etc, etc, were luxurious and greatly appreciated. We had 39 in our group and getting to know our fellow trekkers was perhaps the most enjoyable part of the experience. We can't wait to return to NZ to walk the Routeburn next :)

1 Thank Jopenny
Moraga, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Hike of a Lifetime!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We had very high expectations for the Routeburn Track and Ultimate Hikes. Well, it exceeded our expectations, and I consider it one of the prettiest hikes I've taken in my life (and I've taken some beautiful hikes throughout the U.S. and Europe). There were 20 hikers and 3 very capable guides on our trek. Guides, food, lodges and transportation are all first rate. We had beautiful sunny weather, so our experience carries that halo, but I think it would be worth doing in the rain. Before hand, I assumed that the experience was going to be memorable but probably not worth the price. As other reviewers said, it's worth every penny!

1 Thank Silver996c
Merritt Island, Florida
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Milford Track with Ultimate Hikes is the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful group of 45 hikers, and 4 fantastic guides, Sean, Tom, Alyssa, and Aidee, who were all very helpful and worked hard to make our experience the best possible. Having a warm shower,bed, plentiful good food, laundry and dry facilities; made the hiking part a pleasure, even on the challenging rocky paths. Getting drenched the last day as Tropical Storm Lusy approached added to the memories, especially crossing roaring streams in our boots. The canyon, river, and water fall views were spectacular. The boat tour of the Milford Sound was beautiful and peaceful. My sore knees were better in one day and well worth the memories.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I and 2 friends just completed the Milford track walk. It was a fantastic experience made all the more enjoyable by Ultimate Hikes! The guides were friendly, knowledgable and well organised. The lodges well run , clean and comfortable and the food fantastic! As a novice hiker I would highly recommend this company as a way to experience hiking !!!

2 Thank Kjjsydney