My husband and I stayed at this gorgeous hotel for 4 nights and we weren't disappointed at all! It is a beautiful hotel, just on the outskirts of Queenstown city centre with fantastic views of the lake. Walking into the reception area to check-in, the staff were very welcoming (Kendal was lovely!) and really took the time to go over the hotel's features and personally take us to our room- it's small touches like that that really show they care about their guests. The rooms are tastefully furnished with all the luxury you can expect from a hotel of this high standard. We had a room with a balcony and amazing views of the lake from the 2nd floor.
The hotel may seem a "bit out of town" for some....but it's really not that far. The hotel offers a free shuttle service to the town centre regularly throughout the day, but a couple of times we did actually walk into town which is only about a 15-20minute walk (not far at all!) and just gives you more time to look down on the lake and really take in the area.
We didn't get time to dine at the restaurant but the menu looked amazing and almost all the local people we spoke to on our trip highly recommended the degustation menu at the hotel - and we definitely plan to dine there next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rees Hotel and Luxury Apartments Queenstown is the new gateway to the True South. We welcome you to enjoy the ultimate Queenstown accommodation experience and savor the rich heritage, vibrant culture and diverse attractions of New Zealand’s glorious Queenstown and Southern Lakes District. The Rees Hotel & Luxury Apartments Queenstown offers luxury accommodation on the edge of Lake Wakatipu, looking out to The Remarkable Mountains. The Rees Hotel is conveniently located to Queenstown Airport and a short drive away from the centre of Queenstown, and central to the wide range of high quality, year-round attractions and activities offered by Queenstown and the broader Southern Lakes District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TravelUp, Hotelopia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Rees Hotel & Luxury Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rees Hotel And Luxury Apartments
- Rees Hotel Queenstown
- The Rees Hotel Luxury Apartments