“Fantastic hotel! Amazing service!”

The Rees Hotel & Luxury Apartments
Ranked #9 of 57 Hotels in Queenstown
Greenville, South Carolina
“Fantastic hotel! Amazing service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

The Rees may have had some of the most uniquely personal and generous staffs of any hotel we have stayed at. From the moment we arrived we felt like family with a hearty welcome and smile from the staff! We have never been so blown away by how hard a staff has worked to help us feel comfortable! We're only scared that every hotel we stay at from here on will be a letdown.

2 Thank Robbie F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (646)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed for 2 nights and had a spontaneous heli wedding package. The minute we arrived in hotel, we felt it was the right choice. After smooth check in at reception been kindly informed the event coordinator who was dealing with us was on annual leave. I expected to be informed about this by herself before we arrive. As a bride I felt a bit nervous about it.

However on our wedding day, we had fantastic reassurance from Mel, I thought she is a solid knowledge and a real asset to The Rees Hotel.
Our room was right next to the reception. It was one bedroom apartment I believe, spacious, clean, well equipped, enough to accommodate 2-3. We had our complimentary wine and chocolates and welcome cards. It was such a great hotel which we could not stay enough to explore every corner of it due to time restrictions.
The breakfast Eggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon was very intensely flavoured. Hollandaise sauce was freshly made by chef, the tastiest I ever tried. Breakfast attendants were from UK, which was a very welcoming feeling to us. Wanted to venture the restaurant but could not as we wished to be in town and exploring this buzzing town.
The shuttle service was efficiently working to town and back.
Overall I would definitely come back to stay in future, many thanks to all reception staff Kendall, Mo, Sebastian...

Room Tip: Room 710 was easy to access, views were good too.
2 Thank gwb77
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

I have stayed here before and this time as it was only the two of us I booked a 1 bedroom apartment. We ended up getting a two bedroom one right next to the water. They locked the door of the 2nd bedroom, but this was the room that had extra towels on the bed, and as there where only 2 towels in the bathroom this is not enough as I usually use two myself so we asked for some more. We were lucky to be able to check in a little early.
CONS - They where doing some work on the internet so they called later to advise when this will be ready, but I was not able to ge tthis to work on either my ipad or Macbook Pro, but it worked on my husbands iphone 4, I took the ipad to reception and they had a go with getting it to work but no luck. It was great having a washer and dryer and we used this everyday, but I would recomment doing this in the morning as its quite noisy.
I said to my husband that the bathroom was well lit, but there was a bulb out above the mirror and I called maintenance and he could not fix it, and they where going to get an electrican to come but he never did.
I also noticed a sign in the kitchen about taking good care of all fixtures/fittings and contents, any lost or damage to these will be charged to you, and also to leave the room in a tidy condition and to place all rubbish and dishes in the dishwasher, also if excessive cleaning time is required then a cleaning fee will be charged - this left us a bit paranoid and we spent time every morning cleaning the room to made sure that everything was spotless to avoid a charge - I have never seen this before, and we always tidy before we go out anyway.
The cars park is a bit tricky, good if you have a small car a bit more of a challenge if you have a SUV or van.
We had room service and the food was not good, I had bangers and mash and I left it as the sausages where not cooked right through, my husband had the spagetti Bolognaise and it had a really strong red wine taste - it was a waste of money and a great shame.
The safe was out on the top of the wardrobe and ther was no way I could use it without standing on the chair and with the sign in my head, I did not want to damage a chair by standing on it so I did not try. Also they are building in from of the hotel and the diggers start at 7am every morning - a bit of a rude awakening of you wanted a sleep in.
The TV in the bedroom was tiny - seemed like a 14 inch and the once in the lounge was not that big either, not good if you want to relax and watch some TV - they have lots of Sky TV channels which was a nice change.
I would come back after they have finished the building work.

Room Tip: Not too close to the water as they are currently building.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

When I was researching on hotels to stay, I was immediately convinced that I would enjoy this hotel.....and I was right!

The minute we arrived at the reception, we already felt right at home. Our duty manager, Sebastian was very attentive and friendly. He escorted us to our room and made sure our luggage were sent to the room in no time.

We selected the one bedroom apartment, located on the second floor. The minute we opened the door to the apartment, we were blown away. The space was huge! Furnishing was modern and tasteful, kitchen was fully equipped, a huge balcony with a view to die for, a nice fireplace and it even has a washing machine and dryer!

I guess the only thing I would complain about was the Wifi connection. We had trouble logging in a few times. And the Wifi speed was very sub-par for international hotel standards. I hope they improve on this in the future.

Not sure how else I could describe this place.....I better let the photos speak!

Room Tip: Select the apartments with lake view...preferably on higher floors, to get the best views
2 Thank Pseo84
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at this gorgeous hotel for 4 nights and we weren't disappointed at all! It is a beautiful hotel, just on the outskirts of Queenstown city centre with fantastic views of the lake. Walking into the reception area to check-in, the staff were very welcoming (Kendal was lovely!) and really took the time to go over the hotel's features and personally take us to our room- it's small touches like that that really show they care about their guests. The rooms are tastefully furnished with all the luxury you can expect from a hotel of this high standard. We had a room with a balcony and amazing views of the lake from the 2nd floor.
The hotel may seem a "bit out of town" for some....but it's really not that far. The hotel offers a free shuttle service to the town centre regularly throughout the day, but a couple of times we did actually walk into town which is only about a 15-20minute walk (not far at all!) and just gives you more time to look down on the lake and really take in the area.
We didn't get time to dine at the restaurant but the menu looked amazing and almost all the local people we spoke to on our trip highly recommended the degustation menu at the hotel - and we definitely plan to dine there next time!

Room Tip: Pay the extra money and get a room with a lake view- it's totally worth it!
1 Thank Stephanie S
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Enjoyed a fabulous week in Queenstown at Rees Hotel, perfect base from which to enjoy all that Queenstown and surrounds offers, quiet location slightly out of town ensures peace and quiet, while access to Queenstown is a few minutes drive (or lakeside walk). Fabulous meal at Rees restaurant one night (too special to eat there every night). Views from all rooms over lake and mountains makes an hour relaxing in room something to look forward to. Queenstown is a great place even out of ski season. March 2014 weather was perfect.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rob P
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

very nice hotel with and amazing view over the lake!
the restaurant is very good with lots of wines and desserts.
full of comforts and well prepared personal.
nice welcome for honeymooners...
it's located outside of queenstown but has a very good bus service to the town.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple