We stayed at The Rees for 4 nights in an Executive Lake View hotel room. The check-in was efficient and staff made us feel very welcome.
The room was spacious, clean and comfortable with a spectacular view of the lake and mountain. The floor tiles, bathroom mirror and towel rack were heated. Even though it was -2dg outside i did not feel the cold at all in the room. The design has been well thought through for the guests. The only minor fault is that you could hear the doors slamming from the guests next door.
We had an afternoon meal at the Bar and the food was above standard for hotel bar food. Dinner at the True South restaurant was either a la carte or tasting menu. The restaurant was cosy with a fireplace and the food was good. Room service was a range of selection of food from the Bar menu and True South restaurant. Breakfast was okay with a small continental and pastry selection. The hot breakfast items was quite a wait. Overall, the food is good.
The service is truly remarkable and the hotel staff (shuttle driver, bell boy, concierge, reception, event manager, housekeeping, wait staff) were extremely welcoming and helpful. I felt at home and we really enjoyed my stay. Thank you very much and we will be back next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rees Hotel and Luxury Apartments Queenstown is the new gateway to the True South. We welcome you to enjoy the ultimate Queenstown accommodation experience and savor the rich heritage, vibrant culture and diverse attractions of New Zealand’s glorious Queenstown and Southern Lakes District. The Rees Hotel & Luxury Apartments Queenstown offers luxury accommodation on the edge of Lake Wakatipu, looking out to The Remarkable Mountains. The Rees Hotel is conveniently located to Queenstown Airport and a short drive away from the centre of Queenstown, and central to the wide range of high quality, year-round attractions and activities offered by Queenstown and the broader Southern Lakes District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Rees Hotel & Luxury Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rees Hotel And Luxury Apartments
- Rees Hotel Queenstown
- The Rees Hotel Luxury Apartments