We spent 3 nights in an executive room, though we didn't have a lake view, I actually thought the view we had of the mountain tops was amazing. The room was superb, lovely comfy bed and I particularly liked the underfloor heating in the bathroom. Free parking is useful as it is a little way out of town.
I had a small issue with housekeeping, we walked in while they were cleaning our room, I may be mistaken, but I think they were complaining about guests. Regardless it felt awkward when we came in. Then one of them told me that "You're not allowed no snowboards in the room" That was fine, but this wasn't mentioned to me at check in or by the man who brought the luggage to our room and it was irritating she was scolding me slightly for this. Then perhaps more annoying was that after we went out for a day of boarding and had removed the snowboard, we came back to find another message on our TV to remind us we're not allowed snowboards in the room. Overall I thought this could have been handled a lot better and was not up to the other standard of service we'd received from everyone else at the hotel (all of whom were very friendly and helpful)
A small blip on an otherwise enjoyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rees Hotel and Luxury Apartments Queenstown is the new gateway to the True South. We welcome you to enjoy the ultimate Queenstown accommodation experience and savor the rich heritage, vibrant culture and diverse attractions of New Zealand’s glorious Queenstown and Southern Lakes District. The Rees Hotel & Luxury Apartments Queenstown offers luxury accommodation on the edge of Lake Wakatipu, looking out to The Remarkable Mountains. The Rees Hotel is conveniently located to Queenstown Airport and a short drive away from the centre of Queenstown, and central to the wide range of high quality, year-round attractions and activities offered by Queenstown and the broader Southern Lakes District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotelopia, Agoda, TravelUp, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Southall Travel and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your The Rees Hotel & Luxury Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rees Hotel And Luxury Apartments
- Rees Hotel Queenstown
- The Rees Hotel Luxury Apartments