“Excellent value with amazing views” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Rees Hotel & Luxury Apartments

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Rees Hotel & Luxury Apartments
Ranked #8 of 57 Hotels in Queenstown
Brisbane
“Excellent value with amazing views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We spent 3 nights in an executive room, though we didn't have a lake view, I actually thought the view we had of the mountain tops was amazing. The room was superb, lovely comfy bed and I particularly liked the underfloor heating in the bathroom. Free parking is useful as it is a little way out of town.

I had a small issue with housekeeping, we walked in while they were cleaning our room, I may be mistaken, but I think they were complaining about guests. Regardless it felt awkward when we came in. Then one of them told me that "You're not allowed no snowboards in the room" That was fine, but this wasn't mentioned to me at check in or by the man who brought the luggage to our room and it was irritating she was scolding me slightly for this. Then perhaps more annoying was that after we went out for a day of boarding and had removed the snowboard, we came back to find another message on our TV to remind us we're not allowed snowboards in the room. Overall I thought this could have been handled a lot better and was not up to the other standard of service we'd received from everyone else at the hotel (all of whom were very friendly and helpful)

A small blip on an otherwise enjoyable stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Robin C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (634)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Greater London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

The Rees has everything going for it : amazing view over the lake, lovely 2 bedroom apartment, fantastic restaurant but somehow I just can't recommend it. It should be a 5 out of 5 but the small things just let it down. I would look elsewhere in queenstown and just visit the Rees to go to their restaurant

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank John M
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I love these apartments
The staff - Sebastian and gang are super friendly and helpful

Check in was quick and simple and easy, rooms are well appointed

Bedrooms might be a little small, we took the 2 bedroom apartment with our 2 boys 9/4 years old

We are planning to stay 7 days here. Have yet to spend time at the hotel facilities but so far I like the fact that they have a gym, will visit and post a review and pictures later

Pictures of my apartment are coming shortly

I was not happy that my apartment was not cleaned during the day, will ask more about this and their cleaning schedule

The lobby lounge is just awesome so warm and friendly

This hotel is child friendly,
The apartments have a fireplace and my children loved this fact

Queenstown downtown is no more than a 10min drive by car, we rented cars while we stayed at Queenstown

I highly recommend the Rees Hotel and Apartments I would be very happy to return here and stay again next year when I return for skiing

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Vivek A
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

A great apartment. The staff were friendly, super helpful and the concierge service was awesome, nothing was too much trouble. The room was beautifully serviced each day . We stayed for 6 days and loved it. I would recommend you hire a car, even though the shuttle service good its a bit out of town.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Dingxiang L
QLD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed here with our 2 boys in september 2013. Our family suite was very comfortable, impeccably clean, and the views were to die for. The restaurant was excellent and the staff were courteous and helpful. The spa experience was fantastic. We would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank P2S
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Although the Rees is a bit out of town with the free courtesy bus this does not make any difference. The service was second to none and the concierge service was excellent and very helpful. Room was fabulous and always cleaned well. If you try the restaurant although not cheap the food and service was excellent.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank Bob V
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I travel extensively so have ample opportunity to understand what makes a good hotel. My travel is a mixture of both work and leisure and the Rees ticks all the boxes on both counts. The facilities are first rate, the staff ever so helpful, the rooms feel like a home away from home which is nice when you spend a lot of time away and I always try to include a weekend in my stay. Queenstown has so much to offer with its wonderful atmosphere, beauty and hospitality and the Rees Hotel is a great example of what Queenstown is all about.
Want to truly experience Queenstown, then staying at the Rees is a must do

Room Tip: Lakeview to enjoy the views