“Could do with more friendly staff”

Alpine Lodge Backpackers
and 1 more site!
Alpine Lodge Backpackers
“Could do with more friendly staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in this backpacker for 2 nights in the 6 bed dorm. The price is ok for what you get. A clean bed and clean showers. The common area is a bit small for my taste with the tv loud most of the times.
But the staff could be a bit more friendly.. that you don't wanna get up from playing your game of candy crush is not my problem, you also don't want me to operate the washing machine on my own so I have to disturb you every time. Don't blame your guests for that! Sighing very loudly doesn't solve the problem either. All in all an oke backpackers with clean facilities but I would not come back!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sagamihara, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Alpine Lodge in Queenstown was a great experience. We booked a double room for 3 nights. Upon check-in, the staff was extremely helpful in booking all of our plans during our time in Queenstown. If you get the chance, I recommend the Juicy Tours Milford Sound cruise. He was also very helpful in telling us the best sights and places to visit while we were in town.
The double room bed was a large bunk bed but it was surprisingly comfortable. Overall, the accommodations were great and I would recommend this backpackers to anyone who wants a nice place to stay without worrying about spending $100NZ. Thank you for making my trip to Queenstown most memorable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I really enjoyed my time here. The staff were very friendly and helpful in informing me and my friends of the best activities to do/ not to do, best places to go/not to go ect. The hostel was extremely clean. There were nice areas to relax and even a quiet lounge witch I think is a excellent idea. The location is good, not in the center but QT is so small this really isn't a issue at all, if anything beneficial as it is quieter at night. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Such a great place to stay at..... the first thing that struck my eye was how close the hostel is to the gondola a 1 minute bike ride and a full view of the gondola carts climbing the mountain everyday : ) I was greeted by the staff member Tom who is also keen Mountain biker and he showed me to my room and the all of the facilities for my use. The room was clean and tidy so were the bathrooms (a lot of bathrooms in ratio to amount of rooms here, which was fantastic to see) The communal living room was a joy to relax in and watch movies or talk to fellow travelers after a day’s biking and the kitchen was clean and tidy with more than enough amenities to use. Once settled in I assembled my bike and stored it in the lock up for safe keeping.... when it was time to hit the trails I had the pleasure of Tom joining me to give me a bit of a welcomed tour of the bike trails and the hydration rooms ( Pubs ) and everything seemed pretty awesome from here on in.... Il be back again for sure : )

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Adam G
Wakefield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

Stayed here for two nights with my girlfriend in a double room. It's literally a 3/4 minute walk from the coach stop which is handy when carrying lots of bags, wonderful helpful and friendly staff and a lovely chatty cat which kept us company when we were having breakfast alone. Clean kitchens (two, one downstairs, one upstairs) and our bed was comfy. Only downside I would say was a little noise from the toilet which was next to our room. Overall it's a good place to stay in Queenstown where most places are expensive!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Carlisle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

I've stayed here twice now, and loved it both times. Its small enough to be nice and quiet, but still big enough to have a great atmosphere. The bedrooms, Bathrooms, Kitchens etc are all clean and obviously maintained to a high standard. The staff have an amazing knowledge of the the local area and its activities, and are more than willing to share it with you. Definitely one of the best backpackers hostels in New Zealand!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

About 2 mins walk from town centre and about 5 from the waterfront. Good small hostel with good showers and kitchen facilities. Could do with new bedding soon, but what was provided as clean and warm.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple