Alpine Lodge Backpackers
Scenic Suites Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$168
US$135
US$126
US$219
US$168
US$130
  • Room Service
Novotel Queenstown Lakeside(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$171
Novotel
  • Restaurant
Mercure Resort Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$129
Mercure
  • Pool
Villa del Lago(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$418
US$388
Agoda.com
Swiss-Belsuites Pounamu Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$155
  • Pool
Matakauri Lodge(Queenstown)
US$1,487
US$1,440
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in this backpacker for 2 nights in the 6 bed dorm. The price is ok for what you get. A clean bed and clean showers. The common area is a bit small for my taste with the tv loud most of the times.
But the staff could be a bit more friendly.. that you don't wanna get up from playing your game of candy crush is not my problem, you also don't want me to operate the washing machine on my own so I have to disturb you every time. Don't blame your guests for that! Sighing very loudly doesn't solve the problem either. All in all an oke backpackers with clean facilities but I would not come back!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Alpine Lodge in Queenstown was a great experience. We booked a double room for 3 nights. Upon check-in, the staff was extremely helpful in booking all of our plans during our time in Queenstown. If you get the chance, I recommend the Juicy Tours Milford Sound cruise. He was also very helpful in telling us the best sights and places to visit while we were in town.
The double room bed was a large bunk bed but it was surprisingly comfortable. Overall, the accommodations were great and I would recommend this backpackers to anyone who wants a nice place to stay without worrying about spending $100NZ. Thank you for making my trip to Queenstown most memorable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I really enjoyed my time here. The staff were very friendly and helpful in informing me and my friends of the best activities to do/ not to do, best places to go/not to go ect. The hostel was extremely clean. There were nice areas to relax and even a quiet lounge witch I think is a excellent idea. The location is good, not in the center but QT is so small this really isn't a issue at all, if anything beneficial as it is quieter at night. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Such a great place to stay at..... the first thing that struck my eye was how close the hostel is to the gondola a 1 minute bike ride and a full view of the gondola carts climbing the mountain everyday : ) I was greeted by the staff member Tom who is also keen Mountain biker and he showed me to my room and the all of the facilities for my use. The room was clean and tidy so were the bathrooms (a lot of bathrooms in ratio to amount of rooms here, which was fantastic to see) The communal living room was a joy to relax in and watch movies or talk to fellow travelers after a day’s biking and the kitchen was clean and tidy with more than enough amenities to use. Once settled in I assembled my bike and stored it in the lock up for safe keeping.... when it was time to hit the trails I had the pleasure of Tom joining me to give me a bit of a welcomed tour of the bike trails and the hydration rooms ( Pubs ) and everything seemed pretty awesome from here on in.... Il be back again for sure : )

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Adam G
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Stayed here for two nights with my girlfriend in a double room. It's literally a 3/4 minute walk from the coach stop which is handy when carrying lots of bags, wonderful helpful and friendly staff and a lovely chatty cat which kept us company when we were having breakfast alone. Clean kitchens (two, one downstairs, one upstairs) and our bed was comfy. Only downside I would say was a little noise from the toilet which was next to our room. Overall it's a good place to stay in Queenstown where most places are expensive!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple