Aspen Lodge Backpackers
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$120
US$117
US$192
US$174
  • Restaurant
Mercure Resort Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$104
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$129
  • Room Service
Novotel Queenstown Lakeside(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$169
Novotel
  • Restaurant
Scenic Suites Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$152
Agoda.com
Crowne Plaza Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$165
  • Room Service
Swiss-Belsuites Pounamu Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$90
Agoda.com
Villa del Lago(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$422
US$381
Matakauri Lodge(Queenstown)
US$1,465
US$1,417
Hotels.com
All reviewsa private double roomshared kitchencomfortable staycleaning staffshort walkfree wifistayed nightssupermarkethostelbathroomfacilitiesloungetowndryer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 September 2011

I have stayed here twice in both my visits to queenstown and i ll definitely be back. We stayed in a double room and the bed is huge! There is more than enough space in the room and i liked that we have bathrooms for every 2 rooms. Having 2 separate buildings with kitchens and common rooms for dorms and the rooms is a great idea as our stay was so comfortable and the kitchen/common room wasnt crowded at all! We cant believe we paid backpacker rates for hotel quality rooms! The receptionists are really nice girls and one of them even remembered me during my 2nd stay. We loved this place and will recommend our friends to stay here!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and get the double room/twin rooms. You only share bathrooms with another room and the kitchen wont be crowded.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank keiliiliek
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We got a very nice warm welcome, Sally really take good care about us when we arrived, very helpfull and let us easy borrow things we missed for free. The room was big and nice bedm you can see they think very well in detail for the room as well for the bathroom.
The shared room and kitchen (there are 2) had a warm feeling beautifull view on the mountains. felt home and wanted to live there. Definately comming back there, Chris and Tong

Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I was really impressed by how clean the bathrooms were and just how warm the heater was. Even in snowy weather, I was super warm in the rooms and the heater dried my socks in 10 min. The lounges are very warm too. The people at the front desk are super nice! They had knew the Queenstown tours and activities inside and out and had great recommendations. The free internet with each tour booking was a major plus too.

Location-wise, it's great. It's only a 2 min walk into town, which makes it easy to take your luggage to the bus stop (don't take the $20 airport shuttle, the bus is only $6 to the airport).

The other guests here were super awesome. It's a small hostel with rather small lounges so you get to know everyone really well. They were very nice, respectful, interesting people. My stay here was probably the best hostel experience I've ever had. I loved how everything was on such a personal level, something you don't usually get with some of the larger hostels. Next time I'm in Queenstown, I'm definitely staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank eskimopie155
Reviewed 29 June 2011

I stayed at the Aspen Lodge Backpackers for a week and it was the best place I stayed in all of New Zealand... And I travelled around New Zealand for a year and it was even better than when I lived in a flat in Wellington (That's a whole other story). Anywho, the staff were extremely kind and generous with their time and efforts to give me the best adventure in Queenstown. The hostel was always clean and I had no worries about my safety. They seem to attract the best tourists in Queenstown, as everyone seemed friendly and were up for a good time. Would definitely stay here anytime I was in QT. You will definitely not be disappointed...

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank krista1224
Reviewed 1 May 2011

Stayed here for four nights on our generation 3 tour of the South Island. with my son and grandson. Lovely people, friendly and very helpful staff. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay
and met some very interesting younger travellers.

Room Tip: Book a separate room for your party
  • Stayed: April 2011