“Delicious food”
Review of Yonder

Yonder
Ranked #17 of 272 Restaurants in Queenstown
Price range: US$4 - US$14
Description: Queenstown's newest eatery, Yonder, with their experimental kitchen also boast the primary go to for speciality coffee. With its main focus on dietary needs (vegan, GF) and a large array of healthy and indulgent delights, Yonder is ever evolving. A sunny garden sat in front of the historic cottage, you can enjoy one of 12 tap beers or selection of over 40 gins to complement your food of choice.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Loved the brunch. They have interesting varieties of coffees. The service is fast and the staff is lovely.

Gary L, Manager at Yonder, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Hey Angel ,

Thanks for taking your time to write us a cheeky review, we really appreciate your feedback.

Great to hear you had an awesome experience with us and the service was on point. We have been focusing on ensuring our staff are fast and efficient to give the best service we can. Glad to hear that this is paying off.
We'll look forward to having you back to enjoy more of what Yonder as a venue has to offer

Kind regards
Chantelle
Venue Manager Yonder

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Decided to try because of reviews. We Got lead to a really small table at the back stage. Shame really as so many larger tables were taken up by one person and their laptop. Large tables at that. Ordered coffees straight up cause we knew it would take awhile to get some attention in the back corner. Coffee took awhile and wasn’t very strong coffee. Ordered simple breakfast with baked beans. Seriously bread wasn’t toasted much and we got about 1 tablespoon of baked beans for $4-00. We had eaten at Joes garage and their food was better with amazingly generous portions. Don’t listen to the reviews go elsewhere.,..

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Working our way through our personal 'best breakfast in Queenstown' list, Yonder was a contender. It wins on ambience, location and layout...but food maybe just a tiny notch bellow some of its competition (depending what you order!). We loved the outdoor garden with winter heaters and beautiful lighting, the indoor open fire, super friendly service. Corn and Jalapeno fritters are a highlight on the menu. Single origin coffee also a treat. A great place to start the day and the food is priced fairly.

1  Thank daegal

Okay so ...

As a (criiiiinge) local to Queenstown (been living here almost 4 years..) I was soo happy when Yonder opened and loved sitting outside in the summer sun sipping on cocktails and enjoying the big portions - sharing plates with my friends, trying this and passing around that! (hummus plate/patatas bravas especially) but OH how the seasons have changed!

Went in last night with two friends for the ancient grains and both of the above and almost spat my delicious wine all over the table when the smiling waiter delivered it.

Where the F did the rest of my meal go? And not only that the waiter even asked if I wanted a side plate to share it ... share what? Did I order from the kids menu? Honestly the portion size has decreased MASSIVLEY yet the price is the same?

There was barely enough to fill up one person.. let alone share it around!

I was happy to pay above the average because the place is well decorated, the food’s tasty and the portions were generous but now, not so much ... shame really!

This is the third time I have desperately tried to give them the benefit of the doubt, the first time I mentioned it had gotten a little smaller and the waiter brushed it off, then the second time I told the waiter and he knocked off a glass of wine from the bill but I just had to try a third time just to see if it was a one (or be it two) off! And I’m sad to say that after this I just can’t justify coming back .. the meal is literally shrinking before my eyes and not when so many places in town are stepping up their vegan game! Just thankful that Yonder is no longer my only vegan option..

Although just really gutted tbh and wish this wasn’t the case. It’s so delicious and It was my ‘go to’ dinner place but now I just leave hangry ...

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went for breakfast at yonder. I was expecting great things from reviews but it was a bit average. Hot chocolate was great though, not too sickly sweet.
It was very busy and our meals were forgotten about so very slow

Gary L, Manager at Yonder, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Hey Stephie,

Thanks for your review we really appreciate your feedback.
Glad to hear you enjoyed your hot chocolate but really disappointed to hear that you had a "average" experience with us.
We take pride in what we do at yonder and want to give people the best experience and be part of their great Queenstown memories.
I'd like to apologise for your meals being forgotten and will be chasing this up with my floor team to ensure this doesn't happen again.
I hope this hasn't tarnished your thoughts on Yonder and hope you'll be back to experience what we are about.

Kind Regards