Open today: 09:00 - 17:00

Ways to Experience Shotover Canyon Swing
from US$125.01
More Info
1,295 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 January 2019 via mobile

I was very scared but the guys really made me feel like I could trust them. They are fun and you can see they enjoy their job, and despite them being silly you can tell that they know what they are doing and care about your safety. The jump was really fun! It is an incredible adrenalin rush. There are multiple different ways you can jump so you can really personalise the experience.

Reviewed 23 January 2019 via mobile

From the moment you check in you are made welcome. There is a short bus ride during which you can decide how you want to leave the platform—there is a short video with some of the options.
The staff are super friendly and a good laugh which helps with any nerves.
The safety checks appear to be really strong and you are attached to the platform as you walk out to take your jump.
I did Pin drop which was scary but then did a second jump ($45) backwards which was harder!
The video and photo package is extra but it’s such a unique experience we bought ours. They are good to be fair.

2  Thank SteveC763
Reviewed 22 January 2019

We did the Fox and the Swing, started off with the fox, which was a different way to zipline! The freefall beforehand was a good thrill and the bouncing back and forth between the canyon was super fun.

We then headed over to the swing, which I was honestly terrified for, and we opted to go tandem which was a little less terrifying and guaranteed I would jump with someone attached to me haha. The guides were really fun, taunting us the whole time while obviously being very safe. Once we got going it was such a rush of adrenaline! My face in the photos is priceless. Highly recommend doing this and I would definitely do it again, maybe on my own even.

Shout out to Cam, Brad, Thales, Liene, Kev for the banter and putting up with my fear. Great fun!!

Reviewed 19 January 2019

60m free fall and then gently swinging above the ground on the 109m swing.
Staff is very safety oriented and competent at every single step.
Tandem jumps as well as single jumps in many different forms are possible.
It was fun and I would do it again any time.

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed 19 January 2019 via mobile

This would have to be one of the scariest things I’ve been talked into but what a rush flying across the Shotover river and watching the tiny boats of a white water rafting group was AWESOME the staff are friendly and professional I felt totally safe. If you come to Queenstown this has to be on your list !