“Great!!!”

and up
Skippers Canyon 4WD Tour from Queenstown
Ranked #60 of 160 Tours in Queenstown
More attraction details
Owner description: The scenery of Skippers Canyon is without a doubt a subject you will talk about. You are picked up from your hotel in a comfortable 4WD Minibus. You visit this secluded area in small groups. Your local Guide provides a commentary about the Goldrush Heritage of Skippers and serves some refreshments with cheese. Plenty of photo stops and short walks make this sightseeing experience truly unforgettable. Daily departures from Queenstown.
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Our guide knew a lot about the history of the area, had a great sense of humor and was an excellent "curve ahead" driver. The wine and snacks break was a nice break in the trip.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Yasmine S, Owner at Unforgettable Skippers Canyon Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

wonderful to hear your feedback to this experience. Many guests comment on our outdoor picnic which we are very happy to offer it as a special add-on to this tour.

There are newer reviews for Unforgettable Skippers Canyon Tour

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I booked a tour with unforgettable skipper's canyon tour a day before I embarked on the journey. I was really happy with the arrangement and advice given by Yasmin (owner of the unforgettable skipper's canyon tour) despite the short notice - best time to visit, taking into account the weather and my limited time schedule.

The next morning, the guide, Wolfy turned out promptly at my hotel. The tour turned out to be one of the highlights of my two week tour week tour of NZ. Jasmin and Wolfy were thoroughly professional - knowledgeable, customer focused (one could tell they are out to please the customer). The short time my family had with Wolfy as a guide was wonderful, not to mention the nice picnic along the way. In the end, my family and I felt much connected with about the flora, fauna, history, economy of skipper's canyon in specific and NZ at large. I only wished the other tours and guides I was with were as professional and enthusiastic. Wolfy even taught my kids how to skip stones on water!

that you so much for taking some time to share your experience. We aim to offer our best service and I'm very happy to hear that we could offer you something unforgettable!

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Our flight from Auckland to Queenstown was delayed by 2 hours so we missed our scheduled tour. We called the tour and they were nice to schedule it the next day with no problem. The tour was small and private with just my friends and I. Our tour guide, Wolfy, was very nice and friendly. He's very knowledgeable about Skipper Canyon and throws out fun facts all the time. I highly recommend Skipper Canyon's Tour. You get to see parts of Queenstown that you can't see if it wasn't for the tour (it's closed off to public). Great service, great fun!

It was our pleasure to host you! thanks for sharing your experience!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

This tour was so much more interesting than any other bus tours taken. We were picked up and dropped off right at the hotel in a jeep and were the only ones taking the tour that day. Our guide was very friendly and knowledgable. He was able to answer all our questions as they came up and had a lot of interesting stories to tell about the canyon and its inhabitants, both people and animals. I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone visiting the Queenstown area. Skipper's Canyon is one of the most beautiful landscapes I have ever seen.

1  Thank Superzu

It's great to hear that our comfortable minibus added to the already spectacular experience that Skippers Canyon offers. Thanks for taking some time to share your feedback!

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Just a great tour. Excellent in every way. Wolfgang, "Wolfie" our guide was full of enthusiasm. He not only was wealth of information, but also offered up advice on what to take photos of, and when. For example, he said some spots would have better lighting on our return rather than on the way out. The scenery is spectacular. The history given by Wolfie was not only captivating, but brought to life. He also filled us in on some of the local "characters" who still live here. Carefully driven, with plenty of stops. The morning tea stop at Skippers site was delicious. You will get to see a couple of LOTR filming sites as well, along with the "original" bungy bridge. A few times, he get out and do some walking down the road. If you have to budget your money and time in Queenstown, skip some of the high priced attractions, which are over in 30 minutes or less, and make time for this tour. Not to be missed. Our thanks Wolfie for a great tour.

1  Thank Eugene F
Yasmine S, Owner at Unforgettable Skippers Canyon Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Greetings from Queenstown and thank you so much for this detailed feedback. I'm sure it will help other travellers to make up their minds.
Our entire team is very passionate about Skippers and loves to share this area with you!
Thanks again for taking the time to comment.