“No 1 Hostel”

Flaming Kiwi Backpackers
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Great hostel, easy walking distance from the hub of the town. Really cosy and homely hostel, big living room for relaxing and watching tv, clean facilities, 3 kitchens, free wifi, really friendly staff. Would definately go back - ive not a bad word to say about the place.

Small independent hostels are streaks ahead of the big chain hostels - would definetely recommend the flaming kiwi to everyone. The only place to stay in queenstown!

Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Linsey S

Reviewed 13 November 2011

The value for staying at the Flaming Kiwi was very good and it is a more quiet place as it is out of the main town. That said, it's a tiny bit of a walk into town.

I cannot give it an excellent score because it was not as clean as other hostels I've stayed in and the restroom facilities were a bit lacking in the sense that they were filled to capacity at most times in the morning.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2011

This was my first hostel in New Zealand for this trip and boy was it great. Rosa was extremely helpful throughout my 3 nights there with the booking of my activities.

The bathrooms were extremely spacious and clean. There's a locker with powerpoints in each room.

Although the bunk beds were a little short on the bottom and I had to bend my head when sitting up.

They gave me a free wifi voucher with Zenbu each day I was there and I service was utterly genuine. Loved it!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Staff were great here and room was nice and comfy. Also great, relaxed loungue where everyone could mix and meet each other. Also good location with drying room and plenty parking.

Room Tip: I had my own room outside which was great - nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank ruth m
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Nice location, very helpful and well informed staff, good rooms, clean facilities, really enjoyed my stay, would definitely go back again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 August 2011

A warm friendly hostel which has everything you could want. From the moment you walk in to the moment you leave it feels like home. The staff are great and helpful, the rooms well equipt and cumfy and there is fast internet and wifi. It is litterally the best hostel I have stayed in and I have been travelling for a while!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank karen c
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I stayed at the Flaming Kiwi for 6 nights...What can i say! Well first.. the place is so cosy. its warm, chilled out, relaxed. The dorms are great, and the facilites are brill!

Kent the owner, is a dude! really helpful, he has a great knowlege of not just queenstown, but most of the world! hes a cheeky chappy (meaning great for a laugh)
all the staff i met at flamers where awsum!

So this should already be making you WANT TOO STAY!

Other than the great hostel, great staff! there was a bounus element too this place............................... THE OTHER GUESTS!!!!! i met some of the most amazing people. I had so much fun! i didnt want too leave! I would defo stay again! i traveled all of Aus and quite a bit of NZ... the FLAMING KIWI was the best hostel!!

Id just like too say a big thank you too Kent and the gang for making my stay in Queenstown the most Awsum, memorable , Excellent, time!!! Thanks guys!!

Shane Horton