“awesome” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of GForce Paragliding

GForce Paragliding
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Take an exhilarating Tandem Paragliding flight from the top of the Skyline Gondola! An adrenalised flying trip or a relaxed sightseeing tour - it's your choice. GFORCE Paragliding are the only company permitted to fly over spectacular Queenstown and stunning Lake Wakatipu. We are Queenstown's most experienced tandem paragliding company, established 1991.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Airlie Beach, Queensland, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

A must do in Queenstown!! Good bang for your buck. Really suitable for all ages and types of people as well. You can make it adventurous and adrenaline filled or very relaxing, enjoying the views and sights of Queenstown. The staff at Gforce are incredible.

Visited May 2014
Emilie N, Front Office Manager at GForce Paragliding, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for taking the time to review your flight with G Force Paragliding. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the experience and hope we will see you in Queenstown again soon,

Emilie & The G Force Crew.

• Korean first
“Incredible”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I've been blessed to do many fun adventures in my life as well as been blessed to see many places-Thanks to my grandparents. This experience was by far the best experience I've ever had!!! I can't stop thinking about it and now I want to do it again and again. Dean was my Pilot, he was great. At first I was nervous but he had such a comforting presence and reassured me that we were safe and made my experience even better! The view is stunning. I highly recommend this experience. You will not regret it. Even if you are fearful, go for it! You will be surprised on how amazing paragliding is, a very powerful experience!
-Samantha Toohey from Los Angeles, California

Visited June 2014
Hi Samantha,

Thank you for your recent review of G Force Paragliding. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your flight and that Dean made you feel so comfortable throughout the whole experience.

I hope we get the chance to take you flying again the next time you are in Queenstown!

Sawtell, Australia
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“WOW WOW WOW”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I am 58 and usually reserved but was tempted when watching younger people tackling this. The jump was booked at the waterfront as the cable car ride is included in the ticket, which is a good saving . My pilot was Shane and he calmly talked me through safety issues and what needed to be done. The launch is something else, walking then running off a cliff, but what a rush. The descent relaxed and then exhilarating when spins are introduced. View wonderfully Queenstown. Landing just so easy. Don't think twice, just do it. The best thing i have ever done

Visited May 2014
Emilie N, Front Office Manager at GForce Paragliding, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent flight with G Force Paragliding. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience and Shayne made everything as easy as possible! I hope we will have the opportunity to take you flying again in the future.
Kind Regards,
Christchurch, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unbelievable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

The best location for this incredible flight, amazing views of Queenstown from up there. Graceful, floating feeling & exhilarating at the same time. If you have not done it, the take off is smooth & easy, the landing is simple too. Its very comfortable in the harness, just taking a seat really. Tim was awesome, talking me through it all. I wasn't scared at any point. I thoroughly enjoyed it & I didn't come down from my high for hours. Just wanted to go back up for another go! The discounts I received after, to use around town were handy too!

Visited May 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review your recent flight with G Force. It is always great to hear when someone has enjoyed themselves as much as you did! I will pass on your wonderful comments to Tim and hopefully we will get the chance to take you flying again the next time you are in Queenstown.
Thanks again,
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Brilliant experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Arrived in Queenstown on a beautiful day and was able to book in last minute to fly from the top of the gondola. Price of gondola is included- don't pay twice (as I nearly did!) and you get a stamp at the top so you can go up again.
My paraglide was with Shayn who was really friendly, chatty and took some great footage of the trip ($40-50 extra if you want a cd/usb respectively- I thought it was worth it).
Really enjoyed the glide- a bit scary when running off the cliff but not overcomplicated and once in flight it was so beautiful- wonderful views over Queenstown. Shayn did some twists and turns before we landed which was a bit more intense, but you could choose whether you wanted this.
My USB had corrupted a couple of the pictures (I hadn't checked all the photos) so my pilot came to my hostel to exchange it for another one which had loaded correctly. Excellent customer service!
Worth noting that g force dont fly from coronet peak in winter, but the views were excellent from the gondola so no complaints from me. Thanks for a wonderful flight!

Visited June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent flight with G Force!
I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed yourself and that Shayne looked after you so well.
I must apologize for the issue with your photos but unfortunately technology isn't always 100%. I am happy to hear Shayne was able to get a second copy to you.
Thanks again for the review and I look forward to seeing you again in the future,

Kind Regards,