Absoloot Value Accommodation
The Dairy Private Hotel(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$376
US$173
US$230
US$218
US$190
US$176
US$180
US$175
Villa del Lago(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$277
US$264
Hotels.com
Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$124
Hilton
  • Pool
Heritage Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$127
  • Pool
Novotel Queenstown Lakeside(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$129
Novotel
  • Restaurant
Heartland Hotel Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$93
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Central Ridge Boutique Hotel(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$138
All reviewsthe kitchenbed dormfree wififree earplugsgreat locationbottom bunkshared roomfridge and microwavein townown bathroombooked a twin roomcentral locationcleaned dailyclean roomsyour doorstepnoisy at nightstreet noise
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I have been travelling around Australia and New Zealand for the past two and a half years and Absoloot Value was the best hostel I've stayed at so far.

On check in, there was almost no wait and I was checked in by a friendly lady, who told me everything I needed to know about the hostel as well as any info I asked about Queenstown. She was friendly everytime I went to the desk. Forget her name though, but she worked most afternoons.

The room I had was a double ensuite. Anytime in staying somewhere more than one night, I try and get a private room. This bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in, anywhere. I should have asked what it was so I could get one when I finally go home! Haha. I had room 390, which was at the end of the hall and had a amazing view of the boats/water. The only negative was the room must face a pub or something because it did get loud with people at night, but luckily ended not too late and wasn't as loud as most hostels. Only those really light sleepers would be effected.

To be honest, I never even used the kitchen so I can't judge that. I had a fridge and microwave in my room, so never needed to. The laundry room is a public one and was fine. Might be too few machines if it's a busy day.

The wifi was free and fast. They ask you on check in how many devices you have and give you a voucher for each, which is great as most hostels only give one, if any.

The thing that made my stay over the top was what happened after I checked out. The night before I was using my small harddrive to save some pictures off my camera, etc etc, and thought I had packed it away. I must have missed it because when I checked my bag a few days later, it was gone. After emailing the hostel, Ryan got back to me within the hour letting me know it had been found, and asked me what he could do to get it back to me. The next day he went out of his way to not only mail it up to the hostel I was going to in auckland, but wrapped it in bubble wrap and overnighted it up to me. I work in hotels and I know, except for the really honest people, when expensive items are left in rooms, housekeeping "never finds them". I was blown away that not only was it found and not pocketed, but it was sent to me within 24 hours of asking for it.

I would highly recommend Absoloot, and if I ever get the chance to come back to Queenstown, I will stay here
again! Thank you Ryan and everyone else for a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank SaraB73
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Rooms were clean, reasonable size and all have ensuite bathrooms. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Common room was the highlight with great views of the lake and a decent tv/speaker combo. Great environment with all guests feeling welcome.

Stayed: July 2014
Thank Henry .
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Great hostel, ticks all of the boxes. It would have been better if the lift was working but that's the luck of the draw I suppose. This place was warm, friendly, central, clean and cheap. I would certainly stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I've been to Queenstown three times. Twice I've stayed at Base, which was okay but Absoloot was far better. My boyfriend and I got a double room which felt more like a hotel room complete with ensuite bathroom, mini fridge, microwave, kettle (with tea, coffee and hot chocolate), TV and a super comfy bed. Great location in the middle of town and our particular room had a view of the lake which was amazing. Friendly staff, easy check-in and check-out and reasonable prices.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Best hostel we stayed at for the whole of our 6 month trip. Very friendly staff, the place is very well looked after and anazingly clean, the staff dont stop. Great common room, spotless kitchen, free wifi. Felt at home

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends