“Great atmosphere”

Ranked #22 of 265 Restaurants in Queenstown
Price range: US$10 - US$28
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A friendly pub for both tourists and locals alike, situated in the heart of Queenstown. Our aim is to have really good simple food and great service, in a welcoming environment
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I loved this restaurant, staff were great very attentive. It was dark inside but had a great atmosphere. We all had fantastic meals, recommended is the spare ribs and the steaks. Prices were on the high side but Queenstown is expensive

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Awww such character! On top of that the food and the drinks were fantastic! So much effort and thought was put into every detail no matter how minor.

One of my favourite places in Queenstown!

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Stayed over a week around NYE. Always got in and enjoyed the happy hour. Good to watch the world go by, great staff made you welcome. Food was very good, some of the best steak and lamb in town. Always go here - just a great place for all age groups.

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We had lunch here on the 28th was lovely meals though our waiter didn't talk great English & it took times to ask to get a high chair.

Dinner was on the 30th dec & could not fault the service we were child free this night so no high chair needed our waitress took our orders & had them delivered promptly & correctly & she kept us well hydrated by making sure we got drinks as we needed!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

It was Boxing Day, so perhaps they didn't have the best of staff on, today.

Seated quickly, ordered food. Took FOREVER. I can't believe how SLOOOOW this was. It wasn't prime time lunch or dinner, it was around 2pm. Food finally comes out and they forgot our daughters order. As in, the order never made it to the kitchen.

My order was the prime rib. It was raw. I like medium rare as a norm, but this was unbelievably rare to the point of blue/raw. Blood just pooled and congealed as a cold gel on the plate. It had NO smoked flavor to it at all. It had NO au jus at all. When I asked the waitress why an order that took over an hour couldn't at least have been cooked I was told that's just how they serve it. As we left the gentleman at a table next to us got his own prime rib and it looked entirely different. As in cooked.

STAY AWAY. There is much better.

Tracy P, General Manager at The Ballarat Trading Company, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Hi Sean,

Thank you for your very valuable feedback.
I am very sorry your experience with us was as bad as you have documented.
We have taken this very seriously, I have spoken to both the Chef and the restaurant staff and alerted them to your issues, to ensure this does not happen again.
Again I am very sorry, we pride ourselves on our high level of standards so deeply regret your experience.
I hope that if you are ever again in Queenstown you give us another try.
Until then safe travels.