“Hip and happening”

Ranked #25 of 257 Restaurants in Queenstown
Price range: US$10 - US$28
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A friendly pub for both tourists and locals alike, situated in the heart of Queenstown. Our aim is to have really good simple food and great service, in a welcoming environment
Sunshine Coast, Australia
“Hip and happening”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

A very popular bar and restaurant in the Queenstown Mall. We were lucky to get a booth table inside and I sat drinking in the ambience of the Stock Exchange atmosphere and olde world decorations and memorabilia. Absolutely loved the intense and interesting atmosphere of this venue and it was clear that this is a popular place in the evenings at least with lots of people hanging out at the bar area and others dining.
My meal was a pate tasting plate and it was extremely well presented and delicious. Others on my table had the seafood chowder which they loved.
Free wifi was available, which for us as international visitors, is always a great bonus.
The Queenstown Mall has many eateries and quality retail shops so don't miss it when you visiting.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Leanne L

• Korean first
Invercargill, New Zealand
“It has potential”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Unfortunately we went on a very busy night and we lucked out with a less than average waitress - recipe for disaster! When we first arrived the waitress put glasses on the table (no water), eventually she came to take our drink order but when she realised she'd forgotten the water she took off to get some without taking our drink order so extra waiting for drinks (which would turn out to be our only ones of the evening)... by the time she finally returned we put in our drink and meal orders then we barely saw her again so no opportunities to order anymore drinks for the night. Meals arrived in a reasonable time frame, given that the staff were visibly rushed off their feet but my order of fillet steak with garlic chive butter and roast potato came out as peppered steak with vegetables (order was correctly put through by the waitress so something must have gone wrong in the kitchen). These things happen sometimes but it was extra frustrating because the absence of a waitress meant I couldn't even ask for some garlic butter on the side to make my meal closer to what I actually ordered. I must say that the quality of the steak was excellent and it was cooked to absolute perfection, I also noticed that the table beside us was receiving faultless service from their waiter so I imagine that Ballarat is usually a great place to go so we will definitely give it another try. Atmosphere is also great.

• Visited April 2014
Auckland
“Popular Locals haunt”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have not eaten here but have a locals card and stop for a drink if I am out and about in town. They have changed to bar around now and have great bands that play. Packed in the busy season and love coming here.

Visited May 2014
Sydney, Australia
“great feed, awesome atmosphere”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Fantastic food, highly recommend it - great location and atmosphere as well ... the ribs are a winner

Visited April 2014
“best mulled wine in town”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

we only had a few drinks here but it had the best mulled wine we had tried, would go back again just for that.

• Visited August 2013