“The outdoor spa was heaven after a day on the slopes”

Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa
Ranked #16 of 58 Hotels in Queenstown
Melbourne, Australia
“The outdoor spa was heaven after a day on the slopes”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We spent 4 nights - we had one of the relaxation rooms on level 1 which had an outdoor spa. The room was great - with a fireplace as well. Wakatipu Grill was a great dining experience. We had breakfast there which was buffet style with the usual mix of cooked and continental . I recommend the Apre ski menu for dinner - available from 5-7 pm. Gives you a great meal at a good price. The only downside was service - which could be slow- on a number of occasions the reception and "magic" numbers would ring out without an answer. Don't bother with room service - takes too long. The spa is good - had a meditation massage - 90 minutes of bliss . Highly recommended! If they could lift their game on service - it would get a five star rating.

• Stayed July 2012
Andrew N, General Manager at Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
Dear Psha24

Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Hilton Queenstown.

I am pleased you enjoyed your room and the dining options available.

I appreciate you bringing to my attention some areas for improvement and am sorry to hear that you experienced some difficulty with service. Please be assured that all feedback is greatly appreciated and assists us in improving our overall guest experience.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel again sometime in the near future

Andrew Nisbet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (617)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Nelson-Tasman Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 7 July 2012

My wife & I only had the chance to stay in Queenstown for one night & we are so glad we stayed at the Hilton. It only took 10min on a water taxi to the hotel from central Queenstown & it was bliss.
We stayed in a Relaxation room which was perfect with a spa outside.
There was an error with a booking I made at the hotel spa for my wife but the staff were very apologetic & offered a complimentary treatment which I was told was devine by my wife.
The food was outstanding at the grill but it was the staff that truly made the stay... especially a girl named Ashleigh.. She truly made us feel welcome.
The staff had brains & made an excellent hotel an exceptional hotel....

We will be back!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 8 July 2012
Dear Edwerido

Great to hear you will be back!

Thank you for sharing your comments following your recent stay at the HIlton Queenstown.
I was so pleased to see we exceeded your expectations and thank you for mentioning Ashleigh. She will be delighted to read your positive comments.
Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to stay when you are next visiting Queenstown.

Singapore
Reviewed 1 July 2012

My husband and I spent 5 glorious days in Queenstown, celebrating our wedding anniversary. We laboriously pored over various websites and Tripadvisor reviews to select our hotel. We had a lovely stay but I have to say it wasn't as stellar as some of the reviews--probably we had our expectations a little bit too high. As far as hotels go--you can't get more high end than this one in the Queenstown area though, that's for sure. We found the layout of the hotel very quirky (you go up, you go down, you go through hallways,etc....a bit of an interesting journey to your room.) We loved the ocean front suite views--I wouldn't stay at any hotel here without a view of the lakes and mountains--because, what's the point of coming all that way not to see the glorious views? The staff is friendly and hard working--especially the gentleman in the Wakitipu Cafe--he was there early and always there late as well--(he may have been the manager)some of the other staff didn't seem to have that same ability to make us feel looked after--for example every morning the hostess asked us again if it was our first day there--this was a bit humorous to us--but we took it in stride. The bakery items on the buffet were fresh and always delightful--we enjoyed them so much...also the freshly made sesame bagels were fantastic as well. We loved the entertainment in the bar area in the evening--really spectacular. I guess the downfall was that we weren't expecting the 1-bedroom suite to be so tiny...it was really more like a medium sized hotel room that had been divided into two rooms. We would have loved to have sat together in the "living room" but there were only the smallish chairs in front of the TV. A small sofa and a chair would be much better. There is also only one closet--which is not a big deal in the summer, but in the winter--we had all the ski clothing and hardly any place to store it. The bed is comfy and the linens perfect. The only other two things: no glasses or bottles of water--in the exceptionally dry air it would have been nice to have a glass and a bottle of water either in the bathrooms or on the bedside tables. Instead, you had to dig around in the mini bar area for a glass just to get a drink of tap water. Not a big deal--but one of those things that is irritating in the middle of the night, and usually provided regularly by 4-5 star hotels. We were a bit surprised also at just a hot water kettle, and not a coffee maker, for those early mornings when we wanted a cup in our room before breakfast (and not instant coffee). The other nit is that someone next door to us had a dirty room service tray outside their door which we had to pass by frequently, that stayed there for over a day. I finally called and asked for it to be picked up. We were also expecting a little fruit basket or wine or something to commemorate our anniversary, as is a usual procedure at a hotel of this caliber, and instead on check in, we received a little note with 3 tiny--smaller than bite-sized, chocolates in a plastic bag. A little cheap, we thought, but it still didn't keep us from having a wonderful time and a lovely stay. In spite of the few irritations, I would still recommend this for those coming to the area, especially if you have a car, which we did. Go for a 2-bedroom suite or a bigger hotel room, that's what we'll do next time.

Room Tip: Go for a high floor...and ask not to be next to the elevator. We were on the 4th floor, but our roo...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DeemarieSingapore
, General Manager at Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Dear DeemarieSingapore

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your recent stay at HIlton Queenstown.

I was so pleased to see you had a wonderful time and thank you for pointing out a few issues you found.
I understand it is important for guests to receive a memorable experience and your feedback is much appreciated. This enables us to concentrate on areas that require extra training and attention.

I look forward to welcoming you back to stay when you are next in Queenstown.

Auckland
Reviewed 29 June 2012

A really stunning hotel tucked away at the bottom of the lake. The staff are really exceptional, down to earth and engaging, its what I call intelligent customer service. Congratulations Hilton your selection process is working well. The rooms are fabulous, great big bathrooms with a fabulous bath and seperate shower, lots of room in the main area and so nice to have an incorporated lounge area with a fire place. You really felt you could relax without feeling claustrophobic. Food was excellent in your main dining area, we had a delicious meal and generous selection for breakfast, something for everyone. If you want to bevery close to town and within easy walking distance of all towns amenities then this is not the place for you, but if your not bothered the Water Taxi ride into town is really novel and you get great views. We did walk into Queenstown, so for the eager it takes around 1hr 15mins at a good pace and you can bus or taxi home.

Room Tip: See if you can get one of the front rooms overlooking the lake.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank RodneyAuckland
Dear Rodney

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at Hilton Queenstown.
I was so pleased to see you enjoyed yourselves and thank you for your kind comments about our team members and their service.
I look forward to welcoming you back to stay again in the near future.

Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Wow.... This one is amazing and completely flawless.... Thank you firstly to all the staff that we meet during our stay, you all truly made our stay enjoyable and made us feel right at home.

We stayed for a week at the start of the ski season, so got to know the hotel very well and had plenty of time to take it all in and truly relax and recharge to 100% again.

The rooms are amazing, I stayed in a deluxe lake view room and was not disappointed, the view was amazing and the room was even better. A nice lounge area with fireplace, study desk and big cupboard to unpack. The bathroom was massive with 2 sinks, bath and shower (with rain shower head). To save the best till last The BED, WOW... I had the best nights sleep of any hotel here at Hilton Queenstown... I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud and no adjustments where required.

The hotel is around 10minutes out of the heart of Queenstown which is great, I would recommend a hire car as it is nice and easy to drive back and forth when you want to, if however hire cars are not for you they do have a bus that travels between the hotel and the city at a fee off $8nzd return, or a water taxi.

There are numerous places to eat on the complex so plenty to take your pick from, and there is a great pool, spa, sauna complex with great change & shower facilities.

The carpark is located under the Kawara village, about 50metres from the Hilton, or there is valet parking for $10 per day ($30 for the week). Wireless internet is also available throughout the hotel at a cost of $120 per week (shorter usage is available).

All in all it was the best place in Queenstown to stay for me, true luxury and old style service.

Thank you Hilton Queenstown for an amazing holiday!!! I will return.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Dear Aus_Trav_88

Wow... Thank you for a wonderful review!

I am so pleased you had an amazing holiday and were able to experience so many of our facilities within the village.
Thank you also for pointing out the ease of travel into Queenstown. It was great that you found your room so enjoyable.

New Zealand
Reviewed 25 June 2012

My husband and I took advantage of Jetstar's $7 airfares and spent two wonderful nights at the Hilton in Queenstown. It is a beautiful property, the decor and amenities are wonderful, the indoor pool area is reminiscent of a resort and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Prior to our arrival the manager emailed us to see if we needed anything, and offered us a half price upgrade to Lake View, which we took and were very pleased we did. The gas fire in the room was wonderful and the views amazing. The breakfasts were the best we've ever had in any hotel and the juicer available to make up your own freshly squeezed juices were another fantastic touch. To celebrate my husband's birthday we dined at The Grill and are we glad we did!! The food was amazing, local ingredients and very NZ, homegrown and nothing fancy but just great quality ingredients. Our waiter Jarryd looked after us so well, and made it a very memorable evening for us. Yes, the Hilton is a bit out of Queenstown, but we liked it for that. Peace and quiet, away from the excitement and business that Queenstown is. We walked into Queenstown, approx 1.5hrs, it was such a beautiful walk around the lake and took the watertaxi back. As there is a perfectly good bus service and a water taxi service, we really don't see the location as a problem - its a plus! We'll definately be back at the Hlton Queenstown!

Room Tip: Go for any upgrade you can afford - you'll be glad you did!! And make sure you take some time t...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Oaties

I am so pleased you had such an enjoyable stay with us at Hilton Queenstown and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We are very lucky to be situated on the shores of the beautiful Lake Wakatipu.
Thank you for your kind comments regarding Jarryd, he wil be very encouraged by these words and to know he helped make a very memorable evening for you.

I am glad you will be back and I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Moab
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Everyone treated us like we were royalty and the room was fantastic. Bathroom was huge with separate shower and bath plus two basins. Nice big bed with separate small lounge. We used the pool which was lovely and clean. There's a sauna as well. The reception staff helped us find a babysitter so we could go to one of the bars in Kawarau Village. No need to go downtown as it's all right next door. We can't wait to go back again. Thanks for having us!

• Stayed June 2012
Dear greengrassmoab

Thank you for sharing your positive comments following your recent stay at Hilton Queenstown.

It was great to see you enjoyed yourselves and found everything to your liking.
It was a pleasure to have you and I look forward to welcoming you back to stay again in the near future.