“Enjoy the beauty of its location”

Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa
Ranked #16 of 59 Hotels in Queenstown
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Our room overlooked the lake and had two levels with fireplace and balcony. Very pleasant stay and gorgeous surroundings. While it was not in town, the hotel provides complementary service as long as you schedule ahead, We did the shot over jet boat ride and were taken promptly and picked up exactly when they said they would be back which gave us plenty of time to walk around downtown and eat too. We had a nice dinner at hotel restaurant with open doors and views of lake. We also ate one night at bar and grill where staff was also very friendly. Our only suggestion was for the cafe/grocery area to be open a bit longer in evening (closed at 6) or open before 8:30 a.m as we had to leave before breakfast for our tour. We bought yogurt the first nite to eat before leaving before Milford sound cruise but the hours of being open did not help with our next day tour. Otherwise, wonderful retreat, beautiful room amenities, nice pool and hot tub, lake view and parking for our rental car was taken care of by valet, so no worries! Would return!,,,

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Andrew N, General Manager at Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear DMB2012

Thank you for a great review and for mentioning the shuttle service into town.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Absolutely loved our stay in Queenstown - the staff at the Hilton were exceptional and the hotel room we were placed in was amazing, the pool/spa facilities - just awesome. We had a great view of the lake and the location of the Hilton was perfect. So close to the airport and only a short drive into the main centre of Queenstown. I highly recommend you stay at the Hilton!

Dear Toreka W

Great review, thank you.

It's always nice to read how much guests enjoy staying with us.

Come back and see us in the summer, we have all day sun

Reviewed 2 December 2013

stayed here for 2 nights with my partner and absolutely loved it.

It's quiet, and luxurious with the winter cabin feel - in a new and modern hotel.

great part of queenstown, quite a drive from the centre though, but such a nice view.

Great breakfast!!!! Incredibly worth it if it comes with your room rate.

Only problem was when I checked out they included my breakfast charges which was supposed to be included in my room rate.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear bbearr

Thanks for a great review and I was please to read you enjoyed breakfast.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We were very happy overall with our stay at Hilton resort and spa Queenstown. The staff were very helpful and friendly, the free transfer into town was great and the rooms were gorgeous. Staff were able to answer any questions we had about what to do where to go, and they seemed to enjoy conversations rather then some hotels who treat their guests with contempt. We used the free shuttle everyday it was a great idea and I hope they continue it as its running on a trial basis. Breakfast would be overpriced if you were paying full price, but we weren't so I was happy with that. Both our rooms (King guest then room moved to a relaxation spa room) were lovely. I like the Guest room best it felt more spacious, both had great views. We only used the outside spa once but it was nice, theres just so much to do in Queenstown we weren't at the hotel that often. Great experience very happy and would stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Andrew N, General Manager at Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Samantha M

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your honeymoon and for sending in a great review.

Rest assured we will continue to run the shuttle service as t has been a real winner with the guests.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Took my partner to Queenstown for a 4 day birthday getaway. Queenstown is beautiful and the hotel was lovely. We have a nice corner suite overlooking the lake. Unfortunately being away from Queenstown centre, dining out was limited to hotel facilities, room service or a $10 water taxi one way to town. The hotel spa was pricey but sensational in terms of facilities and service.
I booked our accommodation with breakfast daily and it was so disappointing. The breakfast buffet with hot and cold looked like an actual trough. Food was splashed everywhere. What was edible on offer looked old, wintered or dried up. The hot selections were appalling given the rating of the hotel. It was a disappointing part of the stay despite the nice decor and rooms we had.
Room service required some improvement in terms of articulating fish of the day (you probably don't want to outrightly say yes the fish is frozen, defrosted then cooked). Internet was very expensive but not surprising. A pleasant stay but limited room service items and terrible breakfasts made a lasting impression.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katie D
Andrew N, General Manager at Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Dear Katie D

Please accept my sincere apologies for the quality of the food you received during your stay. I have shared your feedback with our team to ensure that we are delivering the highest levels of food and service.

Rest assured we take feedback very seriously and will improve on the areas you mentioned.

Thank you for taking the time to send in your review.

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

To myself I've just spent 3 nights at the Hilton. At first I wasn't to impressed by really bad signage to reception and lack of obvious parking but once settled in I really began to enjoy it.

I had a message in the spa which was excellent. I paid for breakfast to be included in my room rate and I would recommend you to do the same for two reasons. One, it's a lush breakfast and two, you are way outside queenstown so have few other options. I had to pool and sauna/ steam room to myself pretty much. Also the water taxi to and from the hilton to qt centre was quick and fun.

My only beef is that on top of you room rate they charge for wi fi, I find this a little cheeky and on top of that the strength of the wi if was below par. That being my only gripe.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear adamorrewing

Thank you for a great review. I was pleased you enjoyed the hotel, massage and breakfast.

I take your comments on board regarding the internet fee and quality of connection. We will be installing an upgraded bandwidth in the coming months that will deliver better quality connection.

Come back and see us soon

Reviewed 28 November 2013

While the Hilton and Queenstown more generally are expensive places to stay, this particular Hilton hotel is well maintained, situated in a beautiful, quiet location and a pleasure to stay at. We were in a Wakitipu suite overlooking the lake - a beautiful room with a beautiful view. The room and hotel are super clean, staff are friendly and helpful and the day spa is luxurious. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Dear Mintoxx

Great review, thank you.

It is always nice to read how much guests enjoy their stay.

Come back and see us soon