“Great experience”

Art Adventures
Ranked #109 of 160 Tours in Queenstown
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Tour with Art Adventures and discover the essence of New Zealand art by visiting artist studios', regional dealer galleries, lunching at local vineyards, and taste award wining wines.Discover your creativity in spectacular scenery while our professional tutors guide you in your own masterpiece. We provide everything and the materials are yours to keep. With Art Adventures everyday is different.
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We had a wonderful time touring Queenstown galleries with Alice. We learned so many new and interesting facts about contemporary art and saw a wide variety of work in different media that was inspiring. We read about this in the Washington Post and were very glad we had this adventure. We purchased an incredible textile art piece from Sue Wademan that was just beautiful and amazing. Take this tour,

There are newer reviews for Art Adventures

Reviewed 15 April 2013

My friend and I completed a half day sketching excursion with Art Adventures. It was an amazing experience and we couldn't have had a better day out. Megan was so friendly and a great host and tutor - she gave us her undivided attention and we learnt so much. We were really inspired by the things we learnt and have kept up the sketching and painting since then. Art Adventures take care of everything down to the finest detail, I was very impressed. We had a lovely time learning in some beautiful locations and I would definitely recommend this for anyone wanting to bring out their creative side, as well as something different to do in Queenstown amidst all the activities it has to offer.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

I've never drawn or painted before but it has been the best way to start ! Now I see the landscape with a new eye, and i really want to keep up sketching and to learn more about drawing and painting. Thank you !!

Reviewed 26 February 2013

I was a little apprehensive about booking a day out sketching as I am very much a beginner (not having done very much art since secondary school), but I was looking to learn some new skills and how to use a view finder so I could practice sketching on my next holiday, and generally improve how I depict on paper what I see. I needn't have worried as Alice is very friendly and put me at ease immediately; with her dive-straight-in approach I was sketching straight away in the most stunning surroundings. I was very impressed with the whole operation - Alice has thought of everything and provides a very professional package from the pristine luxurious transportation to the cute sketching book and art case (both perfect to travel with) including quality watercolour pencils perfectly chosen to reflect the colours of the surrounding area. Lunch was delicious and as we were in yet another stunning location it was a "working" one, so no time was wasted. I felt the day was tailored to me and I was suitably challenged. I would recommend Art Adventures unreservedly and only wish I had planned in advance and booked a two-day course! Thank you, Alice.

ArtAdventuresnz, Owner at Art Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Thank you for such a great review! I am thrilled you enjoyed yourself, please keep up the sketching. I would love a photo of some new sketches in the future to see how you are improving ....thanks again and all the best. Alice

Reviewed 16 February 2013

A brilliant and memorable 1/2 day in Queenstown. My husband and I did this together and it was simply a delight to spend quality time focussing on the beauty, colours and forms of the stunning Queenstown landscape. Megan is a fabulous tutor. Her instruction was beautifully pitched and perfect for both novice and experienced sketchers. I was most impressed by the way she and Alice give their feedback and encouragement and how the whole experience provides such an enourmous boost in creative confidence for everyone. The sketching kit and carefully selected water colour pencils are first class. A highly recommended activity.

ArtAdventuresnz, Owner at Art Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Thank you so much for the review we really appreciate it there has been a big gap since the last one so it looks as though we are still in business! speak soon xx