Copthorne Hotel & Apartments Queenstown Lakeview
The Dairy Private Hotel(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$173
Crowne Plaza Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$146
  • Room Service
US$258
US$218
Heartland Hotel Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$98
Heritage Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$127
  • Pool
Villa del Lago(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$277
US$263
Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$124
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Novotel Queenstown Lakeside(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$129
  • Restaurant
All reviewstwo queen bedslake viewfree wifitown centretwo bedroom apartmenttop floorcomfortable hotelfrankton roadrooms are largeguest laundryspa poolbuffet breakfastnew zealandcar parkingamazing viewseasy walksouth island
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We have stayed here before a couple of times, so when we had to be in Queenstown and this was on a special we decided to stay again. The location is just perfect for us, with free underground parking, its easy to just ditch the car and walk into town, also great to walk back after dinner? We checked in around dark and found our room which didn't have the King bed configuration which we had requested at booking, so my husband went to request another room. Whilst there I noticed how cold the room was and the window was open. We were promptly given another room which we found easily enough in the other wing and entered yet another really large but really cold room. The window was also open, I find this really strange at this time of year when the daytime temperatures are barely above freezing and its a concrete building. We immediately closed the window and curtains and switched the heating onto full, also the electric blankets onto full, and changed to go out for dinner with friends. It wasn't until the following morning the room was comfortably warm. We didn't use the bar on this trip but have before and its good, nor did we have dinner but we did have breakfast and although running a little late, found the waitress rather rude, with very little service! We would stay again as it was such a great deal, but probably not in the winter months.

Room Tip: This time we stayed on the ground floor which means you are a little closer to the road however, all the rooms face the road so you will always get some noise, it's not too bad though. Rooms are large and comfortable, think the two bedroom have a kitchenette
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed this hotel for 3 nights in April at Easter. It was very comfortable and the room was huge. Everything was clean and tidy and warm. I had a great view - so lovely to wake up to. Wifi was down while I was there, which was inconvenient. When working, there was free wifi in the lobby. Easy walk to the centre of town, but a huge hill to walk back up on the way home. I enjoyed my time here and would definitely stay again. Queenstown is just so beautiful!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 June 2014

After having stayed a number of times at the other Copthorne 100m down the road, I was keen to try this property. The rooms are fairly newly renovated and a really good size. A desk, king bed, kitchenette, seating area and large deck with beautiful views. I will however return to the other Copthorne next time solely based on the fact it was very cold in the room. Being an older property I'm not sure there's much insulation between the gib and the block wall on either side. There was one small heater which we kept on to try and warm the place up after waking in the morning to a freezing cold room but the cleaners turned it off while servicing the room and opened the window so it was even colder when we got back. The rest of the hotel is very 70s, corridors are quite dated, walls chipped, carpets stained. The entire hotel could do with a face-lift but I do appreciate this is a huge cost. Overall for $128 a night (room only) in Queenstown with a 5-10min walk into the main shopping area, I think its good value for money. I have stayed at Peppers and Rydges before and paid between $200-250 a night and the only difference I can really see is that its on the lake. For me, saving approx $100 a night and still having a clean, modern room with lake rooms is well worth it - I certainly don't mind a short walk for that kind of saving.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are restricted for the view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel had by far the biggest rooms I had seen in any hotel in New Zealand. Had a ground floor room, with a 10 step walk to the car park made it very convenient for me to go in and come out every time. It indeed is a lake view hotel, although avoid rooms on the ground floor because there are trees in an around the area which obstruct the view and constant coming and going of pedestrians.
The hotel is decent and nice with clean rooms, toilets and laundry.
It is however a good 15-20 min walk from the town area of which 5 min is a very steep downhill walk (which is difficult when you are on the way back to the hotel)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Nice hotel within waking distance of downtown. Great views; try to stay on a high floor for best views. Bathrooms very clean and recently renovated, but rooms could use some sprucing up. Definitely need some new pillows. Some road noise on lower floors because hotel is on main road.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views and less road noise. Don't stay on first floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank edshendell
JackieGuiney, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel & Apartments Queenstown Lakeview, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback.
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and you time in Queenstown and had time to enjoy the wonderful views the hotel has to offer.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind regards