“This hotel is rated in the 41 out of 61 hotels in Queenstown for a reason!”

Copthorne Hotel & Apartments Queenstown Lakeview
Ranked #44 of 59 Hotels in Queenstown
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The rooms are a little dated. Don't waste your money on the breakfast as its one of the worst ones i've had whilst staying in any hotel. The cut oranges were clearly left overs from the day before, the hashbrowns were cremated. We were setting off on a day tour and were in a bit of a rush and my children has some pasteries that they didn't have time to eat and we were told we couldn't take them with us. 2 consecutive days we had to request the correct amount of towels to be left in the room. One evening we were all getting showered up and suddenly the hot water went off, i rang reception and was told that the room has its own water tank and once its used you have to wait 30 minutes for it to heat up again. We have 2 adults and 2 children in our group and spend no longer than 10 minutes each in the shower. I expect this if staying in a motel, not one of Copthorne hotels. To sum it up don't waste your money or time with this hotel. I'm halfway through my stay at this hotel and feel very dissapointed.

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 20 June 2014

In Queenstown with my Husband for 3 nights, Room was a bit tired, but comfortable. Ordered room service first night, It was terrible, Salt & Pepper squid, was so dry and tough we didn't eat it. Menu was very expensive. Also room had dining table but only one chair!
went out all day first day, got back to our room at 3pm and room had not been serviced, as we were going out that afternoon to a function, it was frustrating that we had to wait for clean towels etc.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper level, as the buildings across the street block the view.
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

HOTEL room was big with balcony. But a bit old.
Wifi only free for 20 mins.
10 mins walk to queenstown mall.
View was great if only u get an unblock room.
Staff is quite friendly and approachable.
Free parking.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cristine_02
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We have stayed here before a couple of times, so when we had to be in Queenstown and this was on a special we decided to stay again. The location is just perfect for us, with free underground parking, its easy to just ditch the car and walk into town, also great to walk back after dinner? We checked in around dark and found our room which didn't have the King bed configuration which we had requested at booking, so my husband went to request another room. Whilst there I noticed how cold the room was and the window was open. We were promptly given another room which we found easily enough in the other wing and entered yet another really large but really cold room. The window was also open, I find this really strange at this time of year when the daytime temperatures are barely above freezing and its a concrete building. We immediately closed the window and curtains and switched the heating onto full, also the electric blankets onto full, and changed to go out for dinner with friends. It wasn't until the following morning the room was comfortably warm. We didn't use the bar on this trip but have before and its good, nor did we have dinner but we did have breakfast and although running a little late, found the waitress rather rude, with very little service! We would stay again as it was such a great deal, but probably not in the winter months.

Room Tip: This time we stayed on the ground floor which means you are a little closer to the road however, all...
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed this hotel for 3 nights in April at Easter. It was very comfortable and the room was huge. Everything was clean and tidy and warm. I had a great view - so lovely to wake up to. Wifi was down while I was there, which was inconvenient. When working, there was free wifi in the lobby. Easy walk to the centre of town, but a huge hill to walk back up on the way home. I enjoyed my time here and would definitely stay again. Queenstown is just so beautiful!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 June 2014

After having stayed a number of times at the other Copthorne 100m down the road, I was keen to try this property. The rooms are fairly newly renovated and a really good size. A desk, king bed, kitchenette, seating area and large deck with beautiful views. I will however return to the other Copthorne next time solely based on the fact it was very cold in the room. Being an older property I'm not sure there's much insulation between the gib and the block wall on either side. There was one small heater which we kept on to try and warm the place up after waking in the morning to a freezing cold room but the cleaners turned it off while servicing the room and opened the window so it was even colder when we got back. The rest of the hotel is very 70s, corridors are quite dated, walls chipped, carpets stained. The entire hotel could do with a face-lift but I do appreciate this is a huge cost. Overall for $128 a night (room only) in Queenstown with a 5-10min walk into the main shopping area, I think its good value for money. I have stayed at Peppers and Rydges before and paid between $200-250 a night and the only difference I can really see is that its on the lake. For me, saving approx $100 a night and still having a clean, modern room with lake rooms is well worth it - I certainly don't mind a short walk for that kind of saving.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are restricted for the view
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel had by far the biggest rooms I had seen in any hotel in New Zealand. Had a ground floor room, with a 10 step walk to the car park made it very convenient for me to go in and come out every time. It indeed is a lake view hotel, although avoid rooms on the ground floor because there are trees in an around the area which obstruct the view and constant coming and going of pedestrians.
The hotel is decent and nice with clean rooms, toilets and laundry.
It is however a good 15-20 min walk from the town area of which 5 min is a very steep downhill walk (which is difficult when you are on the way back to the hotel)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple