“Queenstown getaway”

Ranked #3 of 45 Queenstown B&B and Inns
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Queenstown getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

We had booked this motel for us and our 3 kids. We were booked to all be in the same room to save costs. When we got to the Motel the owner felt the room was too small for all of us and didnt feel that 1 of the kids should have to sleep on a roll-away bed.. As we looked at the room she met us there and told us she was giving us a free up grade room. We then went to a two room suite and had a seperate bathoom,kitchen and bedrooms. This was so unexpected but so so nce. We loved the space and the rooms had beautiful views of Queenstown and so easy to get around town. We are definately going back there again. A clean,very friendly Motel. Thank you very much.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

We - my husband and I - recently stayed at the Comfort Inn Melbourne Lodge where we paid $150 for a night. We had arrived a day early and needed a place before checking in to our pre-booked accomodation the following day and this turned out to be a bad and smelly start to our Queenstown visit. I was absolutely disgusted with he cleanliness of the room. It was smelly - something between cheap aftershave/cologne and a smelly old brewery. The room was old and dated and the curtains full of mould along the bottom part of the curtain. I mentioned this to the receptionist when checking out and all she said was that she would mention it to the cleaners - no apology at all. I was more than happy to get out of there and check in to our lovely clean accommodation across the road. Before leaving Queenstown 3 days later I went back to the Comfort Inn Melbourne Lodge to check if I had left behind a shirt. The receptionist kindly gave me a key to the room I had been staying in and said that nothing had been found but maybe it was an idea to check under the bed. And so I did - However I did not find my shirt but instead empty bottles, wrapping, broken glass etc along with a whole lot of dirt. Also the bottom part of the curtains were still full of mould. I think it is a disgrace to charge $150 for something that dirty and disgusting and the manager should take a long hard look at the state of this place and make some changes.

Room Tip: Avoid this place!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
MMLODGEQueenstown, Owner at Melbourne Lodge Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 5 February 2013
I do not normallyr reply to comments from negative people who get off on themselves, but i draw the line when an attack of lies is directed at myself, I deserve the diplomatic write to defend my self aginst my attacker. First of all we do not bribe guests to write reviews about our property, we don,t have to it is a budget to middle road property with a superb location just 300 yards to the centre nightlife of Queenstown. We took ownership of Melbourne lodge on the 1st Nov 2012 all beit in need of work. The place is spotlessly clean which should not be misinterupted with, the varnish on the windowsills has not been maintained and now needs painting, earmarked to do in My 2013. Guthrey Bowen of Queenstown have hung new cutains in 8 rooms already and are currently replacing all curtains in all 23 lodge rooms they have hung another 3 rooms making it 11 rooms so far, al l 30 rooms will have new curtains within the next 14days or as fast as they can make & hang them. 10 brand new beds have already been replaced and another 7 Kings are arriving this week, all those replaced so far are covered with sheridan duvet Quilts & covers.$30.000.00 worth of brand new carpet was laid just prior to october 2012 by the outgoing tennants, $35,000.00 worth of carpet has been laid since Nov 1st and completed prior to xmas.$20,000.00 worth of maintenance painting the Exterior of the whole complex, inside 13 units and the entire of the exterior building. $10,000.00 has been spent on the Gardens which have been totally relandscaped by Queenstown Landscaping & Tricky Trees Queenstown.
$14,000.00 of painting has been done by family & Friends, and Bartercard members.$50,000.00 has been spent on furniture so far to refurbish much of the complex done by Smith City of Queenstown.The dining room GuestHouse. and Guest lounge, & Kitchen have been refurbished & rebuilt by my son who is a top chef of 17years along with his wife Alana who flew in from Australia to do the Job. But most of all it needs to be said that the buffet continental breakfast where you can eat as much as you can consists of seasonal fresh fruits.toasted musueli. tropical fruitsalad,Black doris plums,Pears & peaches.Orange Juice,Freshly brewed tea or coffee & fresh chocolate,raspberry with white chocolate or blueberry muffins along with wholemeal toast & yoghurt,no restrictions on amounts, available from 7.30am till 9.30am every morning. Complimentary Muffins and fresh fruit are avilable for guests to choose to take the night before , only if they are departing ealier than breakfast starts, many as early as 6.am. I,d like to think the people who read these reviews have enough common sense to see this review for what it is mean spirited. Get a life
Cis Walker
Owner Operator
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

Had a great stay at the lodge, even thou room was double booked the ladies did there best to accommodate us.. And went the extra mile to help us find accommodation the next day, thanks for an awesome experience

Wellington boys

• Stayed December 2012
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2012 via mobile

When i first stepped in to my hotel room, I thought the room was looking a lil bit old. It was like checking in to a room in the 90s. But the room was amazing clean and well kept.
The room I stayed was a quadruple room with a small balcony overlooking lake wakatipu. Really love the view when I woke up in the morning.
The staffs were really friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Shafina_Shafina
Galway, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2012

Very average stay,
It was quite hard to find the BB at first as the sing outside has a different name on it, so had to go around the block,

Receptionist was cold ,and did not understand when I tried to explain that I would preferred to pay in my local currency?? Which I thought is very strange knowing that Queenstown is a touristy destination,

Room itself was basic, just the bare minimum, Tv only had 4 channels,

The Most disappointing thing was Breakfast??!! AS if there was any, To be honest we would have been better off having room only and having breakfast somewhere else, Definitely did not fill us up for the following day sight seeing,
Choices were limited and the only hot thing was toast??!!

Definitely will choose to stay somewhere else next time

Room Tip: Go for room only option
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple