“My family loved staying here, awesome apartments & location”

Cranbury Court Apartments
Brisbane, Australia
“My family loved staying here, awesome apartments & location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2010

Highly recommended place to stay in Queenstown, very short easy walk to town centre, good parking. I took my young family for a ski holiday and on arrival at Cranbury Court we were made to feel very welcome by all staff and the apartment was fantastic, felt at home straight away. Apartment was warm with heated floors and fully self contained with a great kitchen in which we cooked most of our meals. Groceries were easily available from large supermarket less than 5min walk away. View from our apartment was like a postcard, kids loved watching the para sailing from top of opposite mountain. Great value for money considering location, staff and apartment quality.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Thai first
Mackay, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2010

Upon arrival the room was already heated which was a blessing due to the outside temperature. The people maning the reception were more than helpful and full of ideas and suggestions.
The room was a studio style arrangement and comfortably accommodated the 5 of us (2 adults and 3 children (15, 13 & 11). The kitchinette was more than suitable with ample cooking equipment.
Location was close to all there is in Queenstown via a short walk.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank NKC91
Darwin, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2010

We stayed at the Cranbury Court Apartments for 1 night after checking out of a major hotel chain that was less than desirable (which we had already paid for but thought it was so bad we would rather pay extra to stay elsewhere)! The Cranbury Court Apartments fit the bill - they were well laid out, clean and the beds were really comfortable. The parking was right outside the 2 bedroom apartment and thus convenient. There was a washer and dryer inside which we put to good use. The apartment featured 2 bedrooms (one upstairs, one downstairs), a new bathroom/laundry, a lounge and a kitchen. Our 7 year old had fun sliding down the staircase linking the top and bottom floors :-) All in all it was a pleasant stay and we would have been happy to stay much longer.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2010

I spent 3 nights here along with my husband, son (2 years) and my husbands parents.

To start of with the actual apartments are in an okay location, walking distance to a shopping centre and about 10 mins walk to town. But it is on a very busy, loud and smelly (diesel) road.

The apartment it' s self is fairly modern and a good size if sharing with another couple. However I do not recommend it if you have toddlers. Their was a very steep stair case that my little one kept wanted to climb up and down and the rail was too high for him to balance himself. We also didn't have a bath only a shower, which isn't good for little ones.

Now on the the nasty woman at reception. When we checked in she was a little abrupt when speaking to us, but I just thought oh well some people are just miserable and just brushed it off.
Anyway after our room not being serviced we called reception and asked for more loo paper coffee etc and the woman barked "you'll have to come get it" She wasn't prepared to do it as we should have had our maid service sign out during the day, so okay no problem then when my mother in law walked the short distance to get the stuff, she asked the woman when the rooms get serviced and the woman basically said when they get around to it as they do who ever has checked out first. My mother in law explained that she was only asking so we could work around the baby sleeping, as we didn't want people cleaning when the baby was asleep. Anyway to say the least the reception woman was extremely rude to her and you would have thought we were asking for a kidney not some room supplies.

so anyway our room was never serviced our entire stay. Even though I did see the room cleaners hanging around outside smoking. I guess they were just far too busy to clean.

Anyway when I went to check out I received a hell of an ear bashing from the receptionist, apparently my husband had filled in an online survey for best western asking what we think of the hotel, anyway I guess best western passed on the feedback to her. Now saying she was not happy with this would be an understatement. She was ranting like a wild goose and in the end I had to insist that she let me settle my bill so I could leave.

so maybe this place is okay, but unfortunately for us we had terrible (or no) service, and we were spoken to unpleasantly. So I really can't recommend

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank blah-trip
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2010

We booked a couple of nights here followed by a couple of nights at the Crowne Plaza in Queenstown and I wish we could’ve stayed at the Best Western the whole time.
The hotel is in a very good location, within a few minutes walking distance to the centre of town.The unit we got was a very spacious 2 bedroom suite. It featured a living room, kitchen and bedroom on the lower floor and a bedroom, small lounge area and bathroom on the upper floor.
The suite was very clean and very well appointed. From cutlery and glasses in the kitchen to extra blankets, fans and even a heated towel rack in the bathroom. The best feature however was the washer and dryer! The hotel also offered free parking.
If I had to pick a few areas of improvement ( I won't use the word "complaints" because I really don't have any), I would comment on the lack of hot water. The unit was designed to accomodate 4 adults but there wasn't enough hot water for 4 adults to shower consecutively. Some suites were pretty close to the main road and as such, prone to vehicle noise...just request an unit away from the main road and everything should be fine. Lastly, reception closes fairly early (7 PM, if I recall correctly) so make sure you check in before then or make arrangements prior to arrival if you know you are going to be arriving after that.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JGF75
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2010

Queenstown is s great place to visit but it was made better by our motel.

Two story villa type accommodation with the bathroom/laundry and main bedroom upstairs, the kids room downstairs with kitchen and cosy but comfortable lounge area. The room had all the cookinh utensils, tv;s radio's, blankets seating etc you'd need. After a day out adventuirng our room (no 3) was a great to return too.

The hosts were very friendly poitning out a number of attractions. Parking was a little tight in most units but easy outside our room.

The motel is an easy stroll to the main area of Queenstown, including the bungy, shotover jet booking shopr and 10 minute walk to the Gondola and luge. The motel had excellent views of the surrounding mountains. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
Eltham Victoria Australis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2009

Service was very friendly, we were able to get into our room early so we didn't have to drag suitcases around. The rooms were spacious and very tastefully decorated. Great kitchen set up, included a
washing machine &dryer. The beds were sooooo comfortable,