We stayed at the Heritage Queenstown for 3 nights. We had a very spacious room in the 'Forest Wing' located on the 4th floor. Just note the lifts only going to level 3 for some reason, so this must be due to the fact at some stage this could have been an extension to the hotel with an extra floor? So if you have mobility or are in a wheelchair it is best you avoid this floor if you have walking up and down stairs (approx. about 15-20 stairs) or if you struggle to carry your own suitcase.
The room: Well appointed, with comfortable Queen size bed (had the European split down the center, though did not really feel this being a problem). The bathroom is a good size with a full size bath and separate shower. The shower had a fantastic flow head with good pressure. There is a good stocked mini-bar, though like many other people I have NO IDEA why they have crazy expensive prices for items, surely the hotel would sell 3-4 times more items if the prices were reasonable??? TV has Sky Television network with a good selection of channels available in the room. Though one MAJOR frustration is this hotel charges expensive prices for Wi-Fi. This is crazy given the year is 2014 and most hotels of 4 star plus usually include Wi-Fi to guests regardless of where they are in the hotel complex whether it is their room or public areas. They do have free limited capped Wi-Fi in the hotel reception, but this is just frustrating.
The Hotel: Well presented with nice grounds. There is a good pool that is heated and is half indoors and half outside. There is a glass wall that opens up halfway across the pool, to give you the option of swimming inside or outside.
Parking: Free and secure basement parking. There is one spot allocated to each room (no designated parks). There is outside parking as well which is free.
Location: About a 10-15 minute walk from town. The hotel is located on a bit of the rise or hill at the end. If you wanting to go into town the cost of a taxi is approx NZD$10 each way. So this works well if you wanting to have a drink with dinner etc.
Overall: A great hotel that certainly fits a very good 4 star rating. It offers good overall value for money. Would return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Heritage Hotel Queenstown is has a ski lodge style building constructed from stone & Cedar, standing proud above the shores of Lake Wakatipu, with views of the majestic Remarkables Mountain Range. The main lodge building holds leisure facilities, bar and restaurant which is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The property also features a secure ski and snowboard storage area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotelopia, TravelUp, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Heritage Queenstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Queenstown Hotel Queenstown
- Heritage Hotel Queenstown
- Queenstown Heritage Hotel