“Worse resort ever! ”

Heritage Queenstown
Ranked #23 of 58 Hotels in Queenstown
“Worse resort ever! ”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We came to queenstown for our honeymoon, we booked the lakeside view with an extra comment "must be lakeside!" Since we had to pay extra for lake view!

When we arrived at the hotel, the concierge was not there to help with our luggage nor any welcome. We had to go in the hotel reception and ask for a trolley which they didn't have.
When I got in the hotel room, half of the view was lake and the other half was the building view!

Came back downstairs to reception asking if we can move to the lakeside wing when we already paid extra!

Reception could not help me, so she said the manager will come out soon, half an hour waiting for the manager at the lobby, she comes out and told me there was nothing in the lakeside, but she can show us another room if it's more nicer.
So we walked all the way to the other room just to see a downgrade room smaller than we booked and no view but the forest!
I have no idea what was the whole point of showing us a downgrade room! Very disappointing!

Never going back!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Norman H
Donna S, General Manager at Heritage Queenstown, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
Good afternoon Norman H,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback on your recent stay with us at the Heritage Hotel in Queenstown. It is very disappointing to read about your experience with us. I would like to look into this further personally, if you would be happy to email me at Donnas@heritagehotels.co.nz with your details. I apologise for this experience as this is not acceptable and I look forward to you contacting me.

Donna Stewart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed 16 August 2014

First impressions were not promising. There was no help offered or given in taking 3 suitcases and 4 hand luggages to our rooms and the decor looked dated. Furthermore the Heritage was very miserly in the meagre amount of free wifi given that most Queenstown accommodation and lodgings were advertising free wifi. The swimming pool was a token gesture. However the rooms and hotel were clean throughout, the beds were one of the most comfortable in our experience and the staff always friendly and accommodating. We grew to appreciate the real log fireplace and the ever replenished marshmallows by the fireplace. The Heritage certainly grew in our affections by the time we left. Inspite of its slight distance from central Queenstown we would certainly consider staying there again if they sort out the wifi.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Roentgen2000
Good afternoon Roentgen2000,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback on your recent stay with us at the Heritage Hotel in Queenstown. My apologies for the service received at the beginning of your stay – I will ensure your comments are passed onto the Front Office Manager. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Sydney
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I stayed here with my husband and my 5 year old son during ski season for nights. The hotel is situated out of town center by 5 min drive. If you have a car there's no issue, I actually prefer the quietness and it's more relaxing.

The building itself seems quite old but the interior is nice and the room was bigger than what I expected. We stayed in a family room.

Breakfast in the morning was great, enough variety and we spent a few days in the hotel as the weather was bad and mountain was closed, it was relaxing to stay in the restaurant with cosy fireplace. The service in hotel was generally great, friendly staff, in particular Fiona from the restaurant was really nice and very down to earth.

Overall it's a comfortable and relaxing stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Donna S, General Manager at Heritage Queenstown, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Good afternoon Feimui. Thank you for your great review. I will be sure to pass your praises on to Fiona and the team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, Donna Stewart
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We (a family of 6 - two adults and four children) recently stayed at the Heritage. The rooms were spacious and comfortable and the lakeside rooms have tremendous views and wonderful balconies. The staff was very helpful, even to the point of recovering an item left behind in the room and putting it in the post for us. As noted by others, it is outside of town so it is better with a car than without, although the buses and taxis are convenient on days when you do not want to walk into town

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Good afternoon Chip H. Thank you for your great review. I will make sure your comments are passed on to the team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, Donna Stewart
Wahgunyah, Australia
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

A little out of town but with a car, no problem. Lovely big room and comfortable bed. Good heating. Couch and arm chairs made for a very comfortable room. Room even had a washer/dryer which was very handy! Undercover parking was great and they supplied umbrellas to get between buildings in wet weather. Cosy fire in restaurant area and good food served.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Good afternoon Robyn L. Thank you for your excellent review. I will proudly share your praises with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, Donna Stewart
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel is 1 of the better ones in Queenstown ideal for people with a healthy heart and prefer indoor activities. This hotel is situated on top of a hill with 2 swimming pool & bar, spa by appointment and beautiful views from the balcony in my room

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank eLson88
Good afternoon eLson88. Thank you for your great review. I will be sure to share your comments with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, Donna Stewart
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The Heritage is a pleasant and cozy place to stay.
Staff are very friendly.
The complimentary umbrellas for guests was really good to be used on rainy days.
I have booked 5 rooms for 3 nights for myself and my friends.
It's their first time to visit Queenstown and New Zealad and my 3rd time to visit Queenstown, I am a Kiwi from Auckland.
On my 2nd night, I was disturbed by the noise of a group of people shouting and laughing down stairs near the swimming pool, around 3 AM. they probably just came back from night club and got drunk.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay at the Heritage Queenstown and would recommend it.

Room Tip: Higher floors have more beautiful view, choose the room with balcony facing to the Lake, they are be...