We came to queenstown for our honeymoon, we booked the lakeside view with an extra comment "must be lakeside!" Since we had to pay extra for lake view!
When we arrived at the hotel, the concierge was not there to help with our luggage nor any welcome. We had to go in the hotel reception and ask for a trolley which they didn't have.
When I got in the hotel room, half of the view was lake and the other half was the building view!
Came back downstairs to reception asking if we can move to the lakeside wing when we already paid extra!
Reception could not help me, so she said the manager will come out soon, half an hour waiting for the manager at the lobby, she comes out and told me there was nothing in the lakeside, but she can show us another room if it's more nicer.
So we walked all the way to the other room just to see a downgrade room smaller than we booked and no view but the forest!
I have no idea what was the whole point of showing us a downgrade room! Very disappointing!
Never going back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Heritage Hotel Queenstown is has a ski lodge style building constructed from stone & Cedar, standing proud above the shores of Lake Wakatipu, with views of the majestic Remarkables Mountain Range. The main lodge building holds leisure facilities, bar and restaurant which is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The property also features a secure ski and snowboard storage area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Heritage Queenstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Queenstown Hotel Queenstown
- Heritage Hotel Queenstown
- Queenstown Heritage Hotel